Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @broeme

Boom!  That worked…thanks Darrel.  The only change I had to make was to clean up the single quotes.  They came in as weird characters that were breaking the course in HTML, however that’s likely just due to the copy/paste process.  Thanks again!

#329466 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @broeme

Rats!  I may have spoken too soon.  The javascript action seemed to work because when I viewed the video pages via “preview in browser” feature, the closed caption appeared on load.  However, it appears that those course launches were just “remembering” that I had previous turned closed caption on.  If I turn off closed caption, then preview the course again, the closed caption is not visible, even with the action in place.  Additionally, if I import the course into SCORM Cloud, the closed caption is not visible upon first launch.

My action is placed on the video object and set to On Show -> Run JavaScript.  The script is…

$(‘video50225’).objMedia({startLanguage: ‘es’});

The resulting code after the course is published is…

video50225 = new ObjMedia(‘video50225′,’High Bandwidth Video’,263,169,580,303,0,119,’media/49_svmt02.hr.mp4′,0,0,1,0,1,0.80,1,’div’, 0 );
    video50225.addCaption(’49_svmt02.hr.es.vtt’, ‘es’);
    video50225.BuildMediaString()
    video50225.actionShow = video50225actionShow
    video50225.build()

Do you see any error or issues?

#407983 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Therese Michael
    Therese Michael
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @tmichael9734

Daryl or Darrel,

Is there a way to change the color of the CC background panel? I’m working on an instructional video that describes the steps of a certain application online. The background of this application is white, so when the CC lines are displayed on the default semi-transparent panel, they’re visually blurred.

Thanks for any tip.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.