Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer Mohr
    Jennifer Mohr
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jmohr4076

I added closed captioning to my video using the tools within Lectora.  I do not have the closed captioning set up as default, but it can be selected on the audio player bar. This functions perfectly in the preview in browser mode. However, once I publish it online, the CC option is not on the player bar. Any suggestions?

#383584 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    46 pts
    @JasonADal

When you say online, do you mean to your LMS? Also, what format are you using for captions (SRT, XML, etc.)? When I was using SRT for my caption format, they did not work with my LMS (Pathlore), so I had to convert them all to XML, which wasn’t all that bad more than it was an annoyance.

If you ever need it, there’s a great one file at a time converter, SRT to XML for JW Player. When I was converting, I copied all the text from the SRT (including blank lines), pasted it into the box, then downloaded. Make sure the “No CDATA” box is checked.

#383611 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Mohr
    Jennifer Mohr
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jmohr4076

Yes, our LMS is CourseMill for the time being. I am using WebVTT for the closed captioning format. I also tried SRT and didn’t have any luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.