Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

I’ve published my training program to html. It has been loaded onto our server and we have a link on our website.

I have 2 videos with closed captioning. I used the recommended webvtt for my captions. Now that it is uploaded, the CC does not play automatically, and the CC button is not showing on the controller. It worked in reviewlink. Not sure if the issue is our server, the browsers, or something else. Can anyone help?

#407654 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Abby Stafford
    Abby Stafford
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    verified member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    @astafford3593

I’m having a similar issue. I have a WebVTT file, a controller, and do not have Auto Start or Rollover selected in my playback options. Everything works perfectly in preview/run mode, but when I publish my course for HTML, it doesn’t work. It works fine in Firefox, but that doesn’t help me when we use IE. I can’t figure it out. There is a preview button in the Publish Title to HTML box and it works fine in IE and Chrome, but the files run through localhost. It’s the only thing I can tell that is different. I’m wondering if it has to do with the network. You’ll have to keep me posted if you come up with a solution. Sorry, I’m not much help, but I feel your pain. Hang in there!

#407669 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Stephen Wu
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Hi Deb,

I can take a look into this today and see if we can get it fixed for you.  Do you have the name of the course or a pkg file that contains the issue?  Once I run through it I’ll be able to let you know if it can be fixed immediately or in our next maintenance release.

If you can also let me know the org name it’s under, that would help.  Thanks!

-Stephen

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #407677 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Abby Stafford
    Abby Stafford
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    verified member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    @astafford3593

Good morning, Stephen,

Is this a known issue? I’m curious as I’m having a similar issue.

Thank you,

Abby

#407679 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Stephen,

That would be great. My org is Michigan Department of Education (MDE).

My program is on Lectora Online and is titled Assessment Selection Guidance.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Deb

#407682 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Good morning Abby,

As far as I’m aware, this is not a known issue.  I tested a quick sample just now in IE11 version 11.285.17134.0, publishing to HTML and the captions appeared to work as expected.  Same expected behavior with run mode and publish preview as you both mentioned.

I’d like to take a look and debug with the titles that you or Deb are experiencing the problem with. That should help me track down the issue much more quickly.  If you are able to provide me the export pkg or name of your title and if possible the video in question, that would be helpful.  If you prefer to just give me the name of the title and your org, I can look it up through that also.

Hopefully can get this turned around for you guys quickly and apologies for the inconvenience

-regards,

Stephen

#407684 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Stephen,

I neglected to mention what/where the videos are. I have two at the very end of the introduction chapter named: MI-Access P Example and MI-Access SI Example.

#407686 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Great, thanks Deb

Will give an update soon as I can

#407711 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Hi Deb/Abby,

Quick question, can you either screenshot or describe what Publish Options you used when you published out these titles that are causing the problem.  Testing your title Deb, I did notice the published out standard HTML onto a server that I only run into the problem described on the Chrome browser. In FF and IE11 the captions continued to show.

For a quick test, would you ensure that your Published Options that you have all the checkboxes under “Published Content” unchecked (See attached screenshot).  We will be able to provide a code fix to handle this but just wanted to see if doing that, if you see any changes in behavior as I did immediately.

-regards,

Stephen

Attachments:
    #407715 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Hi Stephen,

I did not have all my boxes unchecked. I will make that change, but unfortunately I can’t get the program uploaded again until next week (Weds/Thurs). Is there any reason I couldn’t keep the scale content to fill window checked, or should I have everything unchecked to test this?

#407778 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Hi Deb,

I’m taking a look into that now.  The “Scale content to fill window” appears to be causing the bug where the CC text is behind the video content from what I see.

With a code fix, you will be able to keep the scale content to fill window for sure but for now I was wondering if you would have been able to verify if having it unchecked to test.

#408284 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Stephen,

I was finally able to check my program uploaded with all boxes unchecked and I can see it in Chrome, but not Firefox or IE.

Deb

#408419 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Hi Deb,

That is odd, I just tested your title from our servers without anything checked and they ran correctly across all 3 browsers.  Do you have a link possibly to your LMS or servers of the published content and I can take a look?

Aside from that, we will try and get the fix for the original issue of the CC not showing (regardless of publish options) in one of our near upcoming releases.  Will post the exact date/release # on here when it’s available

#408422 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

The current link to the program is:

https://qa.mdoe.state.mi.us/mdedocuments/AssessmentSelectionGuidelinesTraining/assessment_selection_introduction_p_example.html

I just checked it again from my laptop out of the office—I checked it on my IMAC (Chrome and Firefox) and a PC (IE) in the office the last time—and this time I couldn’t see the CC on Chrome or Firefox. I am on a mac, so I can’t check IE.

Could it be something with our servers?

#408424 Score: 0
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

What version of LO are you publishing with?

There’s a couple issue I’m seeing with that link.  The CC tab in your title isn’t showing up originally, until the window is clicked/moved.  Once showing I’m seeing the CC is set to “None” instead of “On”, which usually toggles the CC going on and off.  For testing this page, would it be a big issue for you to do a clean caption file on a new video object with the default controller?

I add a screenshot of what I’m seeing from the link

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.