Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

It looks like I’m working in LO 4.2. I checked my preferences and they are set to having CC set to on.

I don’t have the freedom to keep posting files. I have 2 week intervals that they will do this, so it makes it hard to test. What I have done is changed the videos I do have in the program to the default controller. When I publish it and open the home file on my desktop, I do see the CC tab and it is set at “on.” I have asked if they will replace my file to test this. I am waiting on a reply.

I do appreciate your assistance with this!

#408430 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stephen Wu
    Stephen Wu
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @swu7570

Thanks for the clarification Deb, I understand that since you’re not the one posting the file, it does make the testing a bit harder.  Let me know what you see when they do change the file.

In the meantime, are you able to test this link on my side and let me know if you are able to see the captions?

http://dev.trivantis.com/stephen/assessment_selection_introduction_si_example.html

#408432 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Stephen,

Yes, I can see the CC in both Chrome and Firefox when I open your link.

#408713 Score: 0
    Profile photo of clammers
    clammers
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    advanced
    entry
    entry
    20 pts
    @clammers

Is this solely a Lectora Online issue? I use Inspire and am encountering a similar issue. Captions (WebVTT or SRT) appear in Preview and Preview in Browser mode (and can be toggled on/off), but when published to SCORM, no captions and no option to turn them on.

#409714 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Deb
    Deb
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Deb

Stephen,

I just got a link to my latest posting and I am still not seeing the CCing in any browser, yet I saw it in the file you exported and posted. Could it be an issue with the server, how it is being uploaded, or something on our end blocking this feature?

Deb

#411446 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mraines
    mraines
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @mraines

Has there been a solution for this? Closed Captions work fine in preview in browser but when published they are not there – or at least the control to turn on English Subtitles. In the code only one LI has been added for “None”.  I have tried using all 3 formats for captions, as well as turning captions on by default.   None of these things make a difference. This issue seems to be on both Inspire 17 as well as 18.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.