May 28, 2016 at 4:42 AM #316377
Lets say I have a course and TOC is tracking completion status. It is fine whith TOC that it shows pages completed or not. Here are my questions!
1. I want to calculate completion percentage regarding the PagesInChapter. Is there any builtin variable to calculate this?
2. If the course is opened by user daytime in computer and night time on mobile, the Tracking status in TOC is not the same due to hardware difference. Is there any way to prevent this?
3. I am in experienced in LMS. I can’t figure out how to publish course in LMS to webserver. I use bluehost as hosting services and they do not have scorm installed or available. They only have moodle for installable script. Can someone guide me how to achieve this (if anyone using bluehost)
4. I am in experienced in Java and I need simple codes of Set/Get LMS Completion status or other values with correct syntax. How can I store and retrieve each page completion status ?(other than manually saving to database)
Thanks in advanceMay 28, 2016 at 6:13 AM #316379
Tim KMember354 pts@timk
1. You can use the built-in page status to calculate completion status. You’d have to create a variable to count the pages user has completed.
Action: Modify variable
Type: Add to variable
IF “Page 1” “is completed”.
Repeat for each page in the chapter and divide the sum by VAR(PagesInChapter).
2. It would be a task of the LMS to save a user progress between sessions. I don’t know whether it can be done without.
3. I don’t know bluehost. I don’t think it’s possible to install Scorm as a stand-alone feature, it’s a service of a LMS like moodle. Moodle supports Lectora courses published to Scorm 1.2. This may help with your questions 2 and 4. Moodle can also display courses published to html but of course you can’t use Scorm variables with an html course.
4. Lectora keeps track of the users progress. You can manually set the completion status of a page with a “Set completion status” action, e.g.
Action: Set completion status
Target: This page
You can use this as well for a chapter or the title. A chapter is completed automatically if all pages are “completed” the title is completed if all chapters / all page are completed. Keep in mind that this is Lectora-completed not necessarily Scorm-completed.
The completion status of a page / chapter / title can be used in conditions of other actions. I’ve attached a screenshot to show how to access the page status panel of the conditions window.
You can access / modify the Scorm variables / LMS completion variables like any other variable. They can only be used in titles of the type: “AICC / Scorm / xAPI for LMS / LRS”. The type of the title can be changed in the Title Options.
TimThis post has received 1 vote up.
Attachments:May 30, 2016 at 2:01 AM #316433
How about if we have 700 pages? check all pages one by one?February 24, 2017 at 5:37 AM #347262
Thanks for your great help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.