Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers connect html extension to lectora actions

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    131 pts
    @mnotermans5114

🙂 Where you found that truelancers link…

In fact i just created a coooool multi-user approach… uses Javascript heavily offcourse. This specific one i made working in Articulate Storyline ( its more and more used overhere in Europe…so i have to shift attention 😉 but in fact the same JS code i used i can have working in Lectora… in fact even better in Lectora because its more open…

login to:

https://fontys.talentlms.com/

Username 1: JaapAap
    Password: Welkom123!

Username 2: UserDemo
    Password: Welkom123!

You can login simultenauously with 2 browser-instances… changing ( dragging/dropping ) tiles (octagons) in one instance…you will see direct update in the other.

Got that working both in Storyline and Lectora on any LMS.

So anything is possible with Javascript…

#443869 Score: 0
    Profile photo of LBY
    LBY
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @LBY

Hi Math,

Thanks for the response.

I found it in an old post (2017). I was looking for ways to use js script in Lectora to access/retrieve info from MySQL. I am doing an offline title that does not use LMS and need to keep the title data for about 6 users (score, location in lesson, date, and maybe a few more) and came across that link in Lectora and I wanted to respond since “you’re The Man!”

Thanks,

Luis

#443884 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

Math, If I am not mistaken, LBY is looking for an offline (no lms) approach. I would suggest a local install of Moodle as an easy approach. Either way something like Wamp Server or Xampp would be required, no? This can get quite complicated quickly for a non-programmer.

#443888 Score: 0
    Profile photo of LBY
    LBY
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @LBY

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for your input. I was under the impression that a js in Lectora could do queries to MySQL and read and write the data, is that possible?

Luis

#443895 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    131 pts
    @mnotermans5114

I dont do much offline work, in fact atm work only in the cloud with Lectora Online. Reading and writing to cloud databases is easy enough. I do think for offline use Darrel knows more. With Wamp or the alike you offcourse create something similar..

#443898 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

Math is being very kind, he is way more experienced than I. That said, I would try Moodle first. Its free and you wont need to dive into scripting. With php or a combo of php and js you could communicate directly between a lectora lesson and a sql database as Mr. Blackmon (There’s your expert) mentioned in this thread.

I’m pretty sure the actual MySQL (not the lite version or other versions) requires installation on a server. There may be work-arounds but that is not my area of expertise.

There are other methods as well. You could even be able to write to and read from a simple text file using php and node.js. There are a ton of tutorials online for this.

Unless you are comfortable with servers, js and php, I definitely would go the Moodle route. Perhaps if Tim or John are listening they will chime in.

With everything going on now, elearning has exploded so time to create a tutorial like this is scarce (I’d have to go over a lot of this myself first as well.)

#443923 Score: 0
    Profile photo of LBY
    LBY
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @LBY

Darrel, you and Math are the gurus of Lectora in the community of posting I see you guys all over and both of you are great providers of information and I thank you both.

I am researching for more information about using the db offline. If not MySQL maybe Microsoft SQL could be an option, regardless, apparently the js can connect using a Node.js

Thank you guys.

Luis

#443988 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

@Math, I found the Truelancer link by DuckDuckGo search for your name.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.