Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions "Convert Text To Image" Options

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @_

Hi Folks,

The “Convert Text To Image” feature is something I use often, and an absolute godsend as it side-steps a lot of nasty browser-specific rendering issues that cause text to display inconsistently and put a huge drain on time (and budget) trying to rectify at deployment time.

However, without fail, reviewers highlight that the text looks fuzzy/pixelated, especially on large screens or mobile devices like iPads. To mitigate this I take a screenshot of the page in Lectora, use Photoshop to export a png, reimport and place.

Is there any way to provide settings to adjust the quality of the image compression here? As technology evolves most learners have a decent internet connection so file size is usually less of an issue than visual quality.

Unsure how Lectora handles this behind the scenes or the rendering engine it uses, but it would be great to have some project/publish-level options to gain a bit more control (like Photoshop export options attached). I’ve fiddled the Compress and Convert options on publish to no avail.

Is something like this being considered, or even remotely possible?

Thanks!

Cam

Attachments:
    #384701 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Thanks for your suggestion @_ ! I’d have to agree that the quality is still lacking.  Especially when you can see a visual difference on the page when one text block has it on and the other has it off.  I brought this to the attention of our Product Manager who’s going to have development do some research and see potential ways of improving the compression process.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.