Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    30 pts
    @smiller7502

For the first time, we are working with a vendor who is working in Lectora Online; we use Inspire. The vendor is sending us PKG files, but Inspire crashes when I try to import them. I’ve tried in v16 and v17, same result.

Is there any way to tell whether I’m doing something wrong or whether the vendor isn’t creating the PKG file correctly? We have no experience with Lectora Online, so I don’t know if there are steps they could be missing or what. Here’s what I’m doing at my end:

1. Launch Lectora Inspire (v16 or v17).
    2. Close the default title it opens.
    3. File > Import > Lectora Online Package.
    4. Point the Package File to Import box at the PKG file.
    5. Point the Directory for Imported Title box to a new folder.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Lectora crashes.

I’ve also tried extracting the PKG file with 7-zip and importing the XML file, same result.

#409873 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Very odd.  The corruption of the file could be at any point in the process so it’s hard to say. Bad upload. Bad download. Maybe associating the PKG file to a program so it doesn’t get whitelisted on your computer? Are you able to share the file (if not publically then with Support)?

#409993 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    106 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Ask the original vendor to reimport the packages in Online to check whether they are fine or corrupted.
    They probably are corrupted, just did a test exporting a pkg from Online and importing it in Lectora Inspire 16.2.2

No problem whatsoever, so my guess is they got corrupted somehow…ask them to do it again 😉
    And ask them to do a check and reimport it in Online after export…to make sure they are fine.

Kind regards,

Math

#410459 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Stan Miller
    Stan Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    friend finder
    LUC17 Attendee
    30 pts
    @smiller7502

Sorry for not replying, and thank you for your thoughts. The vendor has sent a PKG file for a different course that imported just fine. Both courses are built on a template we provided, so this tells me there’s nothing wrong with our template. The vendor is working with Trivantis support to understand what’s gone wrong; if I learn the cause, I’ll post here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.