Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

I have set up a quiz at the end of a chapter with 5 questions.  The Test is set to show feedback for each question, student must answer each question, and retain answers between sessions.

Then I’ve set each question to Retain value between sessions, Enable Feedback, Point Value =1, Enable Max Attempts and set to 1.  The feedback they get is a cute picture indicating the results which are set to initially hidden.  Beside each question is an image pertaining to the subject (call it Batman for the moment).

The Submit button is set to Process Results which shows the cute picture, then Hide Batman and then after 1.5 seconds – have Batman cover the results.

When I run it in a browser and even in Run mode – I get a pop-up saying “You’ve exhausted your attempts to answer” which is the message I’ve put into the box for trying too many times.  It doesn’t show the results.  Note:  This doesn’t happen every time – only sometimes.  And if I give up and click the Next button, it says I have to answer every question.

So my question is – is the browser holding onto the old attempts?  And if so – does Run mode inside the Title also hold onto the cache?  This is driving me nuts!

#448012 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    35 pts
    @cainam

something you can try is have a button somewhere on the page (let’s call it the Robin button), that resets all variables when you click it.  Use that to confirm everything is functioning properly starting from scratch.  ;  )

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #448043 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

In run mode it should clear the storage area first, I’ll have our QA group look into this.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #448068 Score: 2
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

You can publish with debugging turned on, which lets you see the values of all variables at all times.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #448078 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

Batman and Robin – love it!  Good idea!  Thank you so much for answering.  I will try.

#448081 Score: 1
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

I did not know I could publish in debugging mode but it makes sense – we do it with web applications we develop.  One of the things I love about the Trivantis Community – people actually answer people with questions!  I posted a question in the Adobe Community regarding a Captivate issue a couple of months ago – I have yet to have a reply.  I did a little digging and see a lot of unanswered questions in their community.  But it doesn’t happen in Trivantis.  Thus I came back to Lectora.  And it’s a much better tool!

#448242 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Richard Vass
    Richard Vass
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    2 pts
    @rvass2147

Amazing feedback for our Customer Solutions team.  Thank you!

-Rich

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.