Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Custom audio player skin issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #443097 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tom Brodowski
    Tom Brodowski
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    profile
    5 pts
    @tbrodowski6367

    Hello,

    I’ve tried to add custom audio player skin to a title but when I preview it, it shows the default Lectora skin.  I even downloaded the “Green Tea” skin from the community and tried using it and again on preview I see the default Lectora player skin.  Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

    I’m attaching a Lectora title and added the greentea.zip file to that folder as well.

    Thank you!

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    Attachments:
    1. AudioSkin.zip
    #443132 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    40 pts
    @CarlFink

    Confirmed for video in 18.2.3: import the custom skin, there are no errors, and the appearance of the video is the standard player with no change. Tested locally in “Preview in browser” and on Reviewlink.

    Thanks to <span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>tbrodowski6367 for the pointers to custom skins … if only they worked, they would solve my problem.

    Edit: even if I edit one of the standard skins (I increased the size of the volume button), Lectora 18.2.3 ignores the skin entirely and shows the standard player. I honestly don’t know how you did that–the selected skin is displayed if you don’t edit the CSS, but if you do, the entire CSS file is ignored?

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #443158 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    Moderator
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    62 pts
    @wheels

    We updated the media player in v18.2 and it used different class names and some of the css sizing changed. So there has to be conversion done for any custom skins. The help is updated with the necessary instructions:

    https://www.trivantis.com/help/Lectora/18.2/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#6480.html

    Here was another post on the issue:

    Major issue with custom players

    #443179 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    Member
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    profile
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

    Have you considered importing your own copy of MediaElement.js and forgoing Lectora’s altogether?

    Just another option. Full control without wrestling.

    #443208 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tom Brodowski
    Tom Brodowski
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    profile
    5 pts
    @tbrodowski6367

    Thank you all.  I’ll try both solutions.

    #443213 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    40 pts
    @CarlFink

    Joe, I copied the exact CSS from your linked help file to a file, search/replaced the file names to match my actual file names on the disk and … when imported, there are no errors, but it does not work. The player remains the default player, totally ignoring the custom skin. This is an actual bug.

    Honestly, if you want to allow customizing the player and the reaction to some trivial error is to ignore the file entirely, you need to create a GUI skin editor instead of expecting users to debug undocumented text config files for you. I’m a Unix systems admin (and documentation writer) and I find this to be difficult. (It doesn’t help that the MediaElement.js documentation is atrocious.)

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #443227 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tom Brodowski
    Tom Brodowski
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    profile
    5 pts
    @tbrodowski6367

    I’ve created a sprite and CSS file from the linked document, then changed the sprite images and updated the CSS and it works perfect.

    This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.