Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Disable Video Player Full Screen Option

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer Mohr
    Jennifer Mohr
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jmohr4076

CHALLENGE: When an employee clicks the full screen option on the video player bar, it enlarges the screen for some people but not all. Others are experiencing black screens with audio still playing in the background. The full screen option also is causing the rest of the interactivity to be thrown off in the course, as the video hides to show interactive portions.

QUESTION: Has anyone found a way to disable the full screen option on the video player? I tried playing around with custom skins but have failed to have any luck. I also want to make sure the course is 508 compliant.

#421248 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Heidi Strangberg
    Heidi Strangberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    lab member
    verified member
    friend finder
    advocate
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    3 pts
    @heidi

I had also submitted a request to Trivantis to offer an optional skin without Full Screen. A couple weeks ago they said they were looking into the full screen issue that occurs on Chrome.

#421271 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    302 pts
    @timk

You can hide the fullscreen button with javascript:

document.getElementsByClassName("mejs-fullscreen-button")[0].style.visibility = "hidden";

#421275 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    197 pts
    @Klaatu

In additional to Tims code above (beat me to it) you’ll also have to add the following (replacing ‘video40’ with your videos HTML name):

document.getElementById(“video40”).addEventListener(“contextmenu”, function(e) {e.preventDefault();});

This will prevent the right click context menu which also allows full screen. Keep in mind, however, that the console is always available and those savvy can get around just about anything you do.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Darrel Somoza Darrel Somoza. Reason: typo
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.