Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Display different message when checking values in Lectora Form Objects

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidm
    davidm
    @davidm

Hi,
    In my course, the learners have to fill out a form. I have used 1 action to check the values in the form objects and if one or more of the values is incorrect, a message is displayed. The action is checking the values of 6 objects (2 entry fields and 4 drop-down lists). This works fine.

However, my customer wants the error message to display specifically which item is incorrect. Is there an easy way to do this (using html script or something like that)?

The only way I can think of is if I run a seperate action for each possibility of user entry, i.e. If entry001 AND entry002 NOT correct, if entry001 AND droplist001 NOT correct, if entry002 AND droplist003 AND droplist004 NOT correct, etc, etc….this is 30+ actions. Another way I guess would be 30+ run-action groups.

I wanted to avoid using this many actions simultaneously as, from experience, it will probably cause problems with our LMS (for example, a communications error).

Does anyone have any ideas? My customer is quite insistent on having these specific error messages.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.