Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Display messages are showing up differently between Lectora and LMS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seth Scherer
    Seth Scherer
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @sscherer1831

Throughout the training module I am working on in Lectora Inspire there are various links with display messages that appear when you click on the.  When I view these messages in Lectora Inspire they look correct but when I view them within our LMS training platform they look totally different. How can I fix this.  I am on Lectora Inspire 18.

Below you will find two images, one that is the correct message view from Lectora Inspire and the other is the incorrect view from LMS

#427162 Score: 0
    Seth Scherer
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @sscherer1831

I forgot to metion I dont know why on the incorrect display message image there is a caution triangle symbol along with no header.  disregard the blackout boxes, that is just to hide content.

#427172 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    20 pts
    @cainam

Can you click on the exclamation or right click and see what the message is?  Maybe it is a pop-up blocker?  When you view from Lectora (preview in browser) does it function as expected?

Are these your own created pop-up messages, or using Lectora’s ‘Display Message’ action?

#427175 Score: 0
    Seth Scherer
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @sscherer1831

Yes, when I view in Lectora’s preview browser it works just fine.   I am using Lectora’s display message action, not my own.

#427199 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    20 pts
    @cainam

Might be better to use your own instead of using a display message action.  Just have a text box (or similar) initially hidden that shows when you click the requisite button.  Then have an action on that text box to hide when clicked.

#427202 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    23 pts
    @CarlFink

The exclamation point in a yellow triangle indicates a “Warning” dialog as displayed by Microsoft Windows. Presumably that’s what Lectora’s JavaScript is triggering.

You could use the JS “alert” method, or just create custom windows as Adam suggests.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.