Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Drag and Drop individual feedback!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

Hi

I have created ONE drag and drop question with 10 drag items and 10 drop areas. Each drag item will match a drop area.

When all drag items are placed in a drop area the user will have to click a ‘Submit’ button. Once clicked I want a tick or X to display next to each drop area to show if the correct drag item has been used.

How would I do this, or does anyone have a work around?

Thanks

#296105 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

Hi John B,

The key to the individual feedback for a drag and drop question is to query what the question variable contains. Pairs of numbers are created in the question variable as the learner drops items onto the hotspots. So a correct answer for a drag and drop question variable with 3 drag and drop pairs would contain 1-1,2-2,3-3. Run the page containing the drag and drop question in Debug mode and watch what happens to the Question variable value in the Debug window as you drag items onto the hotspots to see what I mean.

I am attaching a small demo of a drag and drop question with 3 drag and drop pairs. The Feedback for the question is set to Issue Feedback: On Process Question. And then an action group runs for both Correct and Incorrect answers. The actions in the action group decide whether to display an X or a Check next to each item. Each action in the action group checks to see if Question_0001 contains 1-1, or 2-2, or 3-3. If it does contain any of those strings, then a Check will show next to that item. If it does not contain the string, then an X will show next to the item.

The attached example was created in the desktop version of Lectora v11. If you need a different format, please let me know and I will post it. I hope this helps.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Wendy Miller Wendy Miller.
    #296156 Score: 1
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the help this worked perfectly.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #305008 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Raphy Abano
    Raphy Abano
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @rabano9900

Hi guys,

So I was trying to do something similar to Wendy’s sample, but what I was hoping to do was process the feedback once a drag item is placed on a drop zone.

So if I had 3 pairs and when I do 1-1, for instance, I get the correct answer. But when I do 1-2 or 1-3, I get the incorrect answer. Also, when I get 1-1, 2-2, and 3-3, I would show feedback that I got all of them correctly. Been trying this for the past day and I could think of 2 approaches:

1) One drag and drop quiz with all 3 pairs, perform actions similar to wendy’s sample, or

2) One drag and drop quiz for each pair

What would be the better approach?

Thanks!

#328110 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kc raven
    kc raven
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    1 pt
    @kraven7771

hi, is there an lectora online example that’s available?

I’m trying to figure out how to do this as well.

#348326 Score: 0
    Profile photo of KVenick
    KVenick
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    @KVenick

Your approach doesn’t seem to work in Lectora Online. Is there some other functionality for the online version?

#348334 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    307 pts
    @timk

Showing individual feedback for each drag item can easily be done with an On: Click action for each item.

#348337 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    307 pts
    @timk

The forum prevents me from uploading .pkg file “for security reasons.”

#348439 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

Not sure if this will work but try to change the extension before zipping it. Leave a readme in the archive explaining what to change back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.