Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom Lacey-Johnson
    Tom Lacey-Johnson
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    2 pts
    @tomljagogo

Hi,

I am looking to be able to make items in my drag and drop quiz either hide on correct or return to their original place if incorrect. My quiz has 10 questions (1 for each of my 10 drag and drop images) each with 5 possible answers, 1 correct and 4 incorrect. What I would like is that when the answer is incorrect my question resets but if correct for the item to be hidden. Also I have already got correct and incorrect feed back in form of a group with a text block and a gif image of a tick and cross which I want to keep.

How could I achieve this?:confused:

#287260 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

How many drag items and how many drop? The way you describe the question, it sounds like one 1 of one and 5 of the other.

So when they have dragged an item to a location, you want all the following to happen right away:

1. Feedback appears
    2. The item is reset

Now if you do it this way, then they will NOT be able to see where they dragged the item (or which one they dragged). If that is what you want, just create an action group that shows the feedback and resets the question. Then set the question to have immediate feedback and make the action run the action group. Have another action group for Correct and run that if correct.

If I got it wrong and you have more than one drag item and more than one drop zone, please explain what you have.

#287261 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tom Lacey-Johnson
    Tom Lacey-Johnson
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    2 pts
    @tomljagogo

@benpitman 63082 wrote:

How many drag items and how many drop? The way you describe the question, it sounds like one 1 of one and 5 of the other.

So when they have dragged an item to a location, you want all the following to happen right away:

1. Feedback appears
    2. The item is reset

Now if you do it this way, then they will NOT be able to see where they dragged the item (or which one they dragged). If that is what you want, just create an action group that shows the feedback and resets the question. Then set the question to have immediate feedback and make the action run the action group. Have another action group for Correct and run that if correct.

If I got it wrong and you have more than one drag item and more than one drop zone, please explain what you have.

I have 10 drag items, 1 for each of my 10 questions but with 5 drop zones with 1 being correct on and 4 incorrect as part of these 10 questions. I want only the correct to disappear and the other 4 incorrect to reset back to their start point. Also keeping my feedback group with the ticks and crosses coming up at the same time for when the question is incorrect.

#287259 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

Then the above should do it. In the Correct action group, have a Hide action to hide the current question and a hide the feedback. You will need 2 action groups for each question, one for correct and one for incorrect. They will be similar but targets of some actions will change like the hide and the reset question.

You have chosen the hard way to do this. Normally and in this case, it is a lot easier to put each D&D on a separate page. You could put them in a Section if they had common items like the incorrect feedback and correct feedback text. Then you could get one question to work and copy it for all the others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.