Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

Is it possible to have a short page drop down from the top when a button is clicked?

I want my Help page to always be available on each page so I was thinking if I did a page about a third the height of the normal page that dropped down when the Help button was clicked then disappeared back to the top until called for again (maybe with a button) would be kinda fun.

But I have no idea how to begin.  Maybe a shape?  I created a long box the width of my title.  I have it initially hidden.  Then when the user clicks the Help button, it is set to show my HelpBoxGroup.  But it doesn’t work.  I think I need something to move it forward.  I tried another action with Move but I don’t get the option to move it forward.  I did pick Sudden In under the Move To pencil.  Still doesn’t work.  My logic says this should work.

I’m in Local mode for testing from my hard drive in Chrome.  Maybe when I publish to the server?

#448101 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

There should be two ways:

1. Move to
      Put the group outside the stage and use a “Move to” action to move it to x=0, y=0
    2. Transition in
      Put the group to 0,0 (the target position) and make it initially invisible. Set “Transition In” to “Fly > Top”. The button should then just “Show Group “.
    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #448108 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

Wow!  I never thought of that!  Thank you – I will try that on Monday morning!  Thank you so much!!

#448148 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    47 pts
    @CarlFink

You could also display a separate page in a windows, if that fits your needs better. That capability is built into Lectora.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #448159 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

Display a separate page in a window.  Not sure I’m understanding.  More details?

#448349 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

I finally solved my problem!  I created a shape about 1/3 the height of the screen and about a half-inch in from both sides and made the background a different color so it would be easy to read but not blend in with the contents.  I put the contents in it (pictures of buttons and their functions, who to call for help – etc) and put everything into a group.  I had my narrow box hooked just at the edge of the frame.  I set it to Initially Hidden and Always on Top (this has to be the last thing you do or you are constantly unchecking this part until you get completely done).

The Help button action was told onClick to Display the Group_Help.  Another action again onClick to Move the HelpBox (my name for this group) to the X and Y coordinates I needed to be located in and to come in Sudden.  The HelpBox has a close button of its own which is set to hide the Group.  And it works!

I like the idea of this drop-down box for several functions.

Thank you to everyone with your ideas!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.