September 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm #283635
We’re looking for someone with advanced Flash, Lectora, Captivate skills to develop the following:
• Build interactive video functionalities such as table of content, content sync inside Flash using cuePoints or time, quizzing, hot spots in a video, tracking result, real completion, etc…
• Tracking – save quiz or interaction data from Flash module to Access or SQL database (preferred), or using custom event for Google Analytics and save the data to GA in G-nie environment
• Remediation – read from database with data from multiple modules; and display remediation links in a Flash
• Adaptive testing – build functionalities (e.g. multiple questions with different difficulty levels and provide questions based on user answers, etc…)
Freelancers with reasonable hourly rate may be considered. email email@example.com if interested.
GEICO, the nation’s 2nd largest and fastest growing auto insurance company, is seeking a talented and experienced e-learning designer/developer to work as part of the e-learning team in our Corporate Staff Development Department in Chevy Chase, MD. We are looking for a developer with strengths in instructional design, proficiency with multimedia development and major authoring tools, skills in developing interactive e-learning and video, adaptive e-learning, simulations, with solid project management skills, and experience working with Learning Management Systems.
This person works independently or with subject matter experts to design, develop and maintain our e-learning courses by performing the following functions:
• Collaborates with others to develop design specifications, storyboards, and interactions
• Designs and develops engaging multimedia e-learning modules
• Evaluates and maintains e-learning courses in LMS
A successful applicant needs to demonstrate the following skills:
• No less than 3 years of experience in applying instructional design and adult learning principles in training/e-learning
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and/or other applications to create graphics, animation, audio, video etc. multimedia elements
• Proficiency in multiple authoring tools (e.g. Flash and ActionScript, Lectora, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Camtasia) to develop interactive multimedia learning modules
• Ability to provide creative design and technology solutions to different and changing learning requirements
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects timely, and adhere to deadlines and project plans effectively
• Excellent detail-orientation and organizational skills
• Motivated and always keep updated on e-learning design and technologies; be able to learn new software quickly
Other requirements (not mandatory but are also considered):
• Experience creating application demos and simulations using Captivate or any other comparable application
• Experience building advanced learning activities, adaptive testing, games, and simulations using applications, ActionScript, or another scripting language
• Experience developing applications to track e-learning results and usage with external database (e.g. Access, MS SQL) in LMS and SharePoint environments
• Experience Working with a Learning Management System to manage e-learning
An advanced degree in Instructional Design or Instructional/Educational Technology is a plus as well as strong industry knowledge of technology and developments in this field.
Qualified candidates should be prepared to submit their resume, with relevant job-related references, salary requirements, and examples of their project/design work (on web preferred). Salary commensurate with experience and skills. GEICO also offers an excellent benefits package, including a lucrative profit sharing plan, in a business casual environment.June 16, 2015 at 6:22 pm #296467
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.