Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #442420 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    Member
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    125 pts
    @mnotermans5114

    I might miss some step thats needed to get equations published properly in Lectora Online, or it is a weird bug.

    At the maths-department a teacher uses the texteditor with the codecogs equations editor ( clicking fx in the editor ) to create math equations. In preview in Lectora Online they all look good. When publishing…both in HTML and Scorm they sometimes look as supposed and sometimes are just plain invisible ( Chrome browser ). And its not always the same. Published and previewed the course several times, and got different equations througout the course to look good…and then others disappeared. Quite erratic behaviour.

    Submitting it as a bug too…

    As seen in the pictures i tried seamless and non-seamless. Some pages they miss, some not… and republishing a title changes the behaviour again. All erratic and random.

    #442712 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    profile
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

    Hey @mnotermans5114 I opened a bug on this. We saw in the cogs editor forums that there are problems rendering some fonts.

    #442718 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    Member
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    125 pts
    @mnotermans5114

    Yeah, indeed font is critical as i did notice too. Verdana works best, but alas as i learned from a math-teacher that needs and uses the codecogs editor in Lectora, Latin Roman is apparently the common choice for equations. The same editor on Codecogs works quite well, changing fonts and all works good ( untill today that is, site down atm )
    but inside Lectora Online the editor fails often.

    What i did notice however is that reselecting a textfield that has been edited and equations been added often solves it, and then it publishes properly. However it is trial and error. That shouldnot be the case, and indeed also sent it in as a bug.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.