Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Questions & Answers Error – Render: Video Load error: (Object Event)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of William Hicks
    William Hicks
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @whicks.6521

Hello!

I have published a scenario for a client to view. The link works on Chrome on my old Android phone, in the Oculus Go on the CenarioVR app, and on my boss’s phone (she has the newest iPhone). However, when the client tries to access it through the same published link, apparently they are getting a message that says “Error – Render: Video Load error: (Object Event).” They tried to open it on their iPhone and said it wouldn’t load at all, and they get the message on their Surface Pro. Any suggestions?

#436572 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    43 pts
    @johnb

The message means just that, the browser wasn’t able to load the video. For the clients iPhone, if it is an older one, and hasn’t been updated, its possible that it can’t handle 4K spherical video. iOS devices have only been able to load 4K spherical video since iOS 11.

A surface Pro is equivalent to a desktop experience, so not sure why there would be any problem loading there.

A few questions may help narrow down the issue. Is it all video scenes? Is it a particular scene? What is the resolution of the video? What do they mean by “it wouldn’t load at all”.  Are they running in the browser, or are they using the CVR app? Which iPhone? What version of iOS is on the phone?

#436574 Score: 0
    William Hicks
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @whicks.6521

A little bit of expansion:

I just tried to run it on my phone (Android Galaxy 7V) & it went through the first scene. However, before loading the second scene, I got the same error message.

The first scene is a 360 video, MP4 file. The second scene loads right after the first one and is the same file type. No hotspots or anything until we get to scene 03.

I can complete the entire scenario on the Oculus Go

Client is using iPhone XR with 13.3 iOs

Thanks!

#436600 Score: 0
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    43 pts
    @johnb

I wasn’t familiar with the phone model, so I looked up the Samsung J7V. It appears to be one of the budget models from 2017 built specifically for Verizon. My guess is that the phone is not capable of switching between 2 4K videos, which entails having both videos loaded at the same time. So going from the first to the second scene, if they were 4K videos, could be problematic. We have seen this with older or very low spec phones.

For that device, try using HD videos rather than 4K, as it won’t have the horsepower to reliably run 4K. Unfortunately, if you will have to support older model phones, you’ll need to look at content that can run on those phones.

You mentioned that your bosses phone was the newest iPhone, and that it was working properly on that device. Is that the iPhone XR you are referring to?

Also, what is the resolution of the videos, have you tried running the CVR app on the devices?

#436651 Score: 0
    William Hicks
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @whicks.6521

The resolution of the videos I am using is 3840×1920. Should I lower them? There are a LOT of videos in the scenario, and I will be building upon it soon.

The iPhone XR is the client’s phone. I think my boss is on iPhone 11

On the iPhone XR and Samsung J7V, we downloaded the app and downloaded the scenario, as well. The same error occurs.

Thanks!

#436654 Score: 0
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    43 pts
    @johnb

It really depends on the platforms you want to support. The Samsung J7V is a 3 year old “low spec” device, and it will have troubles running 4K videos. If this is a device you want to support, you’ll need to use HD videos rather than 4K.

The iPhone XR is a highly capable device, which we test with, so I’m really not sure how you would see the issue there. Can you export your content and send a link to it to cenariovr@trivantis.com? We could test it here to see if we can see the issue.

#436656 Score: 0
    William Hicks
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @whicks.6521

Hello!

I emailed the address with my links, concerns, etc, and got an email back just welcoming me to CenarioVR and to set my password (I’m pretty sure I already did that here). Did that go through?

EDIT: This was unrelated, please disregard. Thanks!

Thanks!

#436674 Score: 0
    William Hicks
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @whicks.6521

Solution: The video files were too large. During the transition from one to the other, the mobile devices had to load two 4K 360 videos at once. The issue was fixed by creating a duplicate of the scenario with 1080 assets, and using that instead. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.