Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Exit button trigger not work in chrome, firefox and ipad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Akash Jambhorkar
    Akash Jambhorkar
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @Akash Jambhorkar

I have created course in lectora 11. Course has an exit button when click on exit button user get pop up with yes or no button (options).

The exit button displays a prompt to close the screen however only in an IE browser does clicking ‘yes’ actually close the browser window.
    Clicking yes in Chrome or on an iPad does not close the browser.

Why this is happening?

Anyone know the solution?

#295090 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Laura Silver
    Laura Silver
    junior moderator
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    Group Member
    22 pts
    @lsilver

Security restrictions in modern browsers like Chrome and Firefox will prevent windows from closing themselves using an Exit or Close button. Your best bet is to test your content from where you plan to host it – either an LMS or a web server – when the course is launched as a new window then the action should work properly. You can also test your functionality using ReviewLink.

#295196 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Atlanta Joe
    Atlanta Joe
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @joejubee

When we create an exit button, we’ve found that we have to put two actions onto them…

1) The standard onclick, close/exit course/window.

2) A second action that says, On Mouse Click – Go To – Web Address – javascript: top.window.close() Delay before action: 0.5 seconds.

We’ve had to do that for the last 6 or so years of Lectora use. Not sure why we’ve had to, but it works.

#295224 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Payne
    Joe Payne
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    3 pts
    @cyberjoep

In Firefox, there is a global override in the browser for the security restriction. type about.config on the URL to get to the settings. Search for dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows and set it to true.

All users taking your course would need this setting set to true, so, maybe in a corporation with policies?

Otherwise, Exit button can go to a page to ask the user to close their browser. Or just remove the Exit button from the course.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #295350 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

I agree with @cyberjoep, exit buttons are obsolete. Lectora does a good job of saving results even when you simply close the course window/tab, so why don’t you ask your users to do just that. I’m pretty sure everyone knows how to close a window by now.

#295496 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Akash Jambhorkar
    Akash Jambhorkar
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @Akash Jambhorkar

Thank you all,

It’s new learning for me.
    @ Laura Silver exit button working on LMS but it’s not working in HTML publish version if I checked on locally.
    But now it’s working if I am add second trigger which is mention above and change Firefox setting.
    @ joejubee  It’s working for me in chrome if I add trigger which you mention above.

@ Joe Payne it’s working for me in Firefox after change setting in Firefox browser.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.