Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Export Table Of Contents?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pjgoldstein
    pjgoldstein
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @pjgoldstein

I’m using a table of contents on my home page.  The client would like a version of that list as a separate page.  Is there a way to export the TOC list along with all the related links?  Or perhaps generate a new page from that list?

Thanks for any guidance!

#421024 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

You could just create an additional page, and put a new table of contents object just on that page (maybe use a different style TOC from what you originally used… tree view or indented list might fill out the page?)  I think it would get you the result you are looking for.

#421031 Score: 0
    Profile photo of pjgoldstein
    pjgoldstein
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @pjgoldstein

Adam,

Thanks very much for the quick response!  What I actually need is the TOC list with the associated URLs linking to the related content.  The client would like to post this as an HTML page outside of the Lectora content for access by specific viewers.

Peter

#421039 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

ahh, I see.  Well the links are going to be determined by where you host your module – the .awt file internally is not going to know that information.  So for example if you are hosting the content on a web server, you can find the link to each page by copying the address in your browser that the page is on (maybe not if you are publishing to seamless play, I can’t remember for sure), but its going to be more of a manual process to create (as far as I can tell).

If you are uploading the content directly to an LMS, then there would be a different browser address that may/may not be visible/accessible outside of logging into the LMS.  They would all end the same (with a version of the name of the chapter/page, etc. in your module), but where it is hosted will determine how the address starts out.  Does that make sense?  If you are having issues finding the full address of each chapter/page (depending on what exact links you need inside the content), you could always publish a 2nd version of the module that would be accessible outside the LMS environment (again, depending on how the content is hosted).

Someone else might have a better idea though – so I wouldn’t make any immediate decisions on your next steps…

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #421284 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    20 pts
    @CarlFink

The two Learning Management Systems I’ve worked with have a unique URL for each browser session. You cannot statically link to course pages, you have to launch the course to generate the URLs and they are not permanent.

Are you publishing the course as HTML and putting it on a “plain” web server?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.