Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Fake Slider – Button Action

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

I have 6 shapes with an image, text, and a button.  I’ve grouped these items into 6 groups.  I want the button on the first screen to go to the 2nd group and that button to go to the 3rd group, and so on.

Groups 2-6 are set to initially hidden.  Only Group 1 displays when the student goes to the screen.

I seem to remember somewhere that buttons couldn’t GoTo a group.  And I don’t see that option.  So I tried going to the shape under it (Group_2).  That didn’t work.

It’s been a few years since I last worked with Lectora so I’m puzzled on how to handle this.  I’ve even thought about lining the shapes up in a staggered way like a deck of cards with a number on the tabs.

Any ideas?

#447845 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

Hi @txlady

I don’t think I follow exactly what you are trying to do. But maybe you are trying to “Show” the next group? That is how you would make the next group visible. If you are trying to physically move the button you would have to un-group the button and use the Move action. Hope this helps.

– Joe

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #447847 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

How simple can it get?  Thank you so much!  I haven’t touched Lectora in about 4 years – so I’m learning all over.  So OnMouseClick – Show . . .  I was using GoTo.  You’re a life saver for me this evening.  Thank you!

#447883 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

@txlady I’m glad I could help, and very glad you were able to figure out that I meant OnMouseClick -> Show !

Glad to have you back working with Lectora.

– Joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.