Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Suggestions Feature Request – Image Crop and Resize in Responsive Courses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trav Owers
    Trav Owers
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    contributor
    2 pts
    @towers9815

Now I like to use large images as background images. When creating a Responsive Course.

Now Item one. You cant drag an item to be larger than the page. So If want to have a constant white space I need to set the size in the Ribbon for the Image.

(If I left the image always the same width of the page I would end up with gaps on the bottom of the page.

The Option to crop the amount of the image that shows would be useful to.

Or else I could place white boxes in the foreground. But that could get a little complex once I start having progress bars and page numbers etc.

Any ideas on a approach.

Travers

#301613 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

There’s a trick I found for LO3. Since it won’t let you drag a width/height marker over the edge of the page, you can drag another marker, so that the whole image enlarges and moves beyond the edge of the page. Once any marker is outside the page, you can drag it freely to resize. To me this is quicker than punching in numbers in the ribbon.

Although I’d still prefer to see “snap to edge of the page” instead of “edge of the page is an impenetrable wall when dragging”.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #301676 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Trav Owers
    Trav Owers
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    contributor
    2 pts
    @towers9815

Great tip. Thanks. Worked great for me.

Yes Sergey, I would also like to have retain border so that could have a border of 20 pixels of 15 percent%. ( but that’s getting all a little to captivate)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.