Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Feature Wish List for Lectora

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John Mortenson
    John Mortenson
    beginner
    intermediate
    lab member
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC17 Presenter
    LUC17 Attendee
    2 pts
    @jmortenson

Since it is Christmas Eve, I thought I would share my wish list for Lectora.

I imagine these have been shared before and it is possible that some of these exist in Lectora but I just haven’t come across them yet. Anyway, here goes…

Style sheets containing paragraph settings
    to embed line spacing and space before/space after settings in paragraph styles.

Hanging Indents
    Want to be able to turn on and turn off and modify hanging indents.

Picture borders
    Want to be able to add a border to a picture and specify thickness and color

Rotate and Flip Images
    Want to be able to rotate and flip images horizontally or vertically

Object Styles
    Want to be able to create styles for objects (copy and paste fill and stroke settings)

Adjustable rounding for rectangles
    Want to be able to adjust the corner rounding on rounded rectangles

CTRL D to Duplicate
    Want to be able to duplicate objects more easily (ctrl D?). It’s way faster than copy and paste when you have a lot to do

Drag to copy
    Would love to be able to duplicate by ALT-dragging (like Adobe) or CTRL dragging (like Microsoft)

Slide Explorer
    Be nice to be able to break out the items on a single slide at a time. Kind of like the title explorer but only for one slide. Title explorer contains all slides and all items… maybe a panel that enables you to focus just on current slide

Button Styles
    Be able to save and apply various button styles.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #286287 Score: 0
    John Mortenson
    beginner
    intermediate
    lab member
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC17 Presenter
    LUC17 Attendee
    2 pts
    @jmortenson

Oh, also, I’d like to be able to change the background color of an object as an action (if you fill in the correct answer, the background color of the form field changes to green). I can figure out a sneaky way to do this with creating a separate image behind the form field and change it from pink to green but that is a lot of work for the 30 or so numeric entry fields i need to do.

#286285 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

Here’s small stuff from a pro developer:

1. Assign custom html names to objects (i.e. edit the existing names).
    2. Perform JS actions on GROUPS (i.e. Lectora should add the group name as a data attribute to the published div so I can select it with JQuery later). Right now I can add a CSS class to a number of objects to achieve the same, but I have to manually add/remove classes when I move objects in/out of groups.
    3. Highlight objects that have classes added to them in Title Explorer. Right now I have to check every! single! object! to see if it has a class and if that’s the class I want it to have.

And here’s some bigger stuff (guy can dream… but it’s all very doable)

1. AJAX navigation without reloading pages. No flicker! Smooth loading!
    2. Preloading of assets instead of slow loading on every page (by the way, I’ll publish a plugin very soon). I want to see a progress bar on first page once, then smooth sailing afterwards.
    3. Search in Title (see my signature) – why not do this natively?
    4. Toggle sound on and off for the whole title (now I have to create this for every title every time)
    5. Support for custom fonts/webfonts – right now this has to be added every time, too.

#286286 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    335 pts
    @ssneg

@jmortenson 59533 wrote:

Oh, also, I’d like to be able to change the background color of an object as an action (if you fill in the correct answer, the background color of the form field changes to green). I can figure out a sneaky way to do this with creating a separate image behind the form field and change it from pink to green but that is a lot of work for the 30 or so numeric entry fields i need to do.

…Or you could add one line of code (JavaScript) to achieve this automatically.

#286288 Score: 0
    John Mortenson
    beginner
    intermediate
    lab member
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC17 Presenter
    LUC17 Attendee
    2 pts
    @jmortenson

Ssneg,

I am not a JavaScript coder, but I am happy to give it a try. Can you help me out? Can you write the line of script of give me some guidance?

Also, another wishlist item is being able to edit guides beyond simply clearing and recreating them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.