Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Questions & Answers Final File Sizes? Can we compress?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George H
    George H
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    1 pt
    @ghayman.7377

Does CenarioVR do anything to the images that are uploaded as source upon publishing? Are they compressed or resized at all?

Is there a target resolution size that is ideal and also a dpi resolution?

I’m delivering content through a VPN that is making things slower, just wondering if I can do into the HTML5 published folders and make sure the images are at an ideal size for use and display AND downloading.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

#441513 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    42 pts
    @johnb

CVR does not modify the source materials you provide in any way, so yes you can definitely make changes to download time by adjusting the sizes of scenes and objects within the scenes.

It would be hard to pin a generic “right size” for everything, as it very much depends on what the object itself represents, and what size within the scene the object will be displayed at.

For instance, the images that are built into CVR, such as the arrows and map pin, are around 200×200 pixels. That works because they are generally not stretched very large within the scene. But if there were a large image to be displayed that had fine detail, you would certainly want that at a higher resolution.

What you don’t need, and what I have seen in many scenarios, is full resolution photos from today’s phones or digital cameras to show a small thumbnail. You end up putting in very large files which do nothing but slow the download time of the content.

#441516 Score: 0
    Profile photo of George H
    George H
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    1 pt
    @ghayman.7377

Thank  you!

I’m not worried as much on the elements like other images put in for pop ups or arrows and such, but I was just using HDR JPG output from a Ricoh Theta Z1 and seeing a final file of 6720 x 3360 240dpi for the main scene background.

So if I take that down to 6720 x 3360 at 72 dpi… or more of a large setting on saving of the JPG vs Maximum, should that work?  Should I do that BEFORE initial upload?

Would the result look worse or about the same?

I guess I could go back and replace the scene background images and republish.

Just want to see if 6720 x 3360 72 dpi is a good target to use… anything smaller in aspect either?

Once I set that I will use it for all projects.

Thanks again!

geo

#442015 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    42 pts
    @johnb

A image that is 6720 x 3360 pixels (6K image) would should give you a very crisp image for your scenarios. 4K images are used in most of the samples that we use. You mention dpi, which I don’t think applies in this context, just the absolute pixel size of the image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.