Explore the community Forums Lectora Web Accessibility First focus not highlighting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vicki
    Vicki
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    5 pts
    @Vicki

I just updated to Lectora 19.0.3 from 18.2.3. I have a Skip to Content transparent button as my first object in the title explorer (after two actions).

In 18.2.3, when I hit Tab, the Skip to Content transparent button would highlight. In 19.0.3, when I hit tab, it does not highlight but will work.

I turned on NVDA to make sure it is the first object found and it is. It is read like it is supposed to.

The only thing I changed was to set it Always on Top because a breadcrumb box does overlay the Skip to Content transparent button. That had no effect. I tried shortening the breadcrumb box, and that did not make a difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Vicki

#449047 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Eric Thomas
    Eric Thomas
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    @ethomas5519

Sorry Vicki, this was a bug introduced in v19.  As a work-around until we get it fixed you can add an action to the transparent button with a trigger of Show and an action of Run JavaScript.  Set the JavaScript to the following:

%HTMLNAME%.setStateOpacity({“disabledState”:1,”downState”:1,”normalState”:1,”overState”:1});
    %HTMLNAME%.rebuildDefs();
    %HTMLNAME%.setDisabled(false);

#449085 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Vicki
    Vicki
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    5 pts
    @Vicki

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your solution. However, it didn’t work. I added the action and javascript to the transparent button but when I publish to ReviewLink, I just get a blank screen.

I then replaced %HTMLNAME% with the buttons HTML name, and that didn’t work. Still a blank screen.

Next, I replaced your script with a script we had previously used to show the focus on page show, but yet, again, blank page on ReviewLink.

I removed that action altogether, and I finally got the content.

I am either doing something wrong or Trivantis/eLearning Brothers messed something up bad.

Thank you again, Eric for your input.

#449094 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Eric Thomas
    Eric Thomas
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    @ethomas5519

I’m sorry to hear the fix did not work for you.  If you care to share your title, I can post a link for upload and take a look.  The fix for this problem should be in v19.1 which is due out in September.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.