Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers First Videoframe appears shortly after the end of the video

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marcel Milo
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

HI together,

i have a problem again. In my course there are some Videos and quizes and after every Video there comes a quiz.

So i uses for the video the action “on playing done” “go to” Quiz. this works fine but everytime at the jump to the quiz the first frame of the video appears for one second and this happens on every cut between video and quiz.

It looks like the video would play again…try to loop

its a shame beacuse otherwise i could make nice transitions; for example with background pictures.

Has anyone an idea or has anyone the same problems?

greetings marcel

#422602 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Robertson
    Brian Robertson
    beginner
    intermediate
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    4 pts
    @brobertson4402

The video player will either loop or present a ‘play’ button at the end depending on your property settings.  This behavior happens before the ‘done playing’ action is triggered.   If you don’t want the student to see that, add a ‘hide this object’ action when ‘done playing’ in addition to your ‘goto next page’ action.

#422831 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi Brain, thx for your help, i have tried this but it dont work, i still see the loopframe.

any idea 🙂

greetings marcel

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Marcel Milo Marcel Milo.
    Attachments:
    #422836 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    302 pts
    @timk

It’s not a “loop” frame. When the video ends, it stops. Stop means “Go to the beginning and pause”. Loop means “Go to the beginning and play”. On: Done playing is triggered when the video ends as well, but later. You can set an event shortly before the end to hide or pause the video before you go to the next page or show a screenshot of the final frame.

#422850 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi Tim, thx, when you say “shortly before the end” is it enough to set a pause action directly at the end of the video?

in the preview i dont see any change…

greetings marcel

Attachments:
    #422854 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    302 pts
    @timk

Of course that won’t work because then the Pause action is triggered when the video stops …

An event is a trigger that occurs at a specified time whithin the video, while it’s playing. Somewhere in the video properties there should be a button “Synch events”. Click it, then “Set event timings” to open the video editor. Set an event about 0.5 -1 second before the end. Save, close the editor and define the action in the initial “Synch events” dialogue.

#422856 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

i found it 🙂 thx i make some tests now

#422858 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    302 pts
    @timk

Or you could try to change the sequence of the actions. Your “lectora_screen.jpg” shows that you’re running the “Go to” action first. The “Pause” action will not fire after it. It may work if you move it up before the go to action.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #422860 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

this with the “Synch events” dialogue works perfect, it immediately jumps to the next page 🙂

another short question, 🙂 is it possible to create everytime a value for clicking on the same button?

for example:  if the user is ckicking 3 times on the same button he comes to the next page.

#423301 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    20 pts
    @CarlFink

@Marcel, to handle multiple clicks you could have an action that increments a variable. Say the button is named “My_Button”, you could create a variable “My_Button_Status” with initial value zero, and an action OnMouseClick that increments My_Button_Status (raises the value by one) for each click. There would be a condition that when the value is two, instead of increasing it again, it does the Go to Next Page action.

I would also have an EnterPage action to reset My_Button_Status to zero, in case the student navigates back to the page.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.