Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Font changing to Times New Roman in Chrome and Safari

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #450185 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Elizabeth Leinbach
    Elizabeth Leinbach
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @eleinbach4818

    I made all my buttons Arial 12pt. However, when I go to preview my course in anything but IE, all the buttons display as Times New Roman. The same thing is happening when I publish my scorm files to Scorm Cloud. All the buttons display as Times New Roman in Chrome and Safari. I tried to just go re-apply the Arial font to the buttons, but it doesn’t make a difference since they are currently showing as Arial in build mode. How do I fix this? I am using Lectora 19.

    #450201 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Robert Aung-Naing
    Robert Aung-Naing
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    profile
    wise owl
    contributor
    19 pts
    @raungnaing

    Hi Elizabeth,

    Can you provide a sample title that exhibits the problem? You can just zip up the folder containing the .awt file.

    Robert.

    #450205 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    profile
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    30 pts
    @cainam

    Just curious – did you create all of these buttons from scratch, or did you create one, and then copy/paste?

    Does the same thing happen if you create a new button from scratch?

    #450229 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Elizabeth Leinbach
    Elizabeth Leinbach
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @eleinbach4818

    @cainam It’s all buttons. Ones made from scratch and ones I copied and pasted.

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #450235 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Elizabeth Leinbach
    Elizabeth Leinbach
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @eleinbach4818

    Attached is a part of the course

    #450241 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Robert Aung-Naing
    Robert Aung-Naing
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    profile
    wise owl
    contributor
    19 pts
    @raungnaing

    The issue seems to be related to the title being non-Responsive. For the time being as a workaround, please enable Responsive Title (Design | Title Options) and disable the 4 mobile views.

    Robert.

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #450243 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    41 pts
    @CarlFink

    Doesn’t do that for me. I published both to ReviewLink and to HTML for local preview, and the buttons remain Arial. See attachment (which is from ReviewLink).

    This is Lectora 18. What version are you using?

    Attachments:
    #450247 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    profile
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    30 pts
    @cainam

    Elizabeth is on 19.  I have both, but haven’t started using 19 yet – I have to say, at least the buttons look a whole lot better in the browser in v19 than they do in 18!

    #450331 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    profile
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

    @eleinbach4818 Hi Elizabeth. I used the title you provided and can see your errors. Then I did as Robert suggested, make the title Responsive and turn off the lower views, and the buttons look correct. I’ll open a tracking bug, but for now that workaround corrects the issue.

    #450338 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    Moderator
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    73 pts
    @wheels

    In v19 the team refactored how text is added to the Buttons, you are right Adam @cainam they do look a LOT better!

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #450802 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrell Foley
    Darrell Foley
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    contributor
    4 pts
    @Web-Foley

    I’m experiencing the same issue. Chrome.

    Rendered page with the Enable Responsive Title selected (and only Desktop chosen) worked as a fix for me.

    Converting some courses from L18 to L19 I noticed ALL my Buttons that had text on them changed from the Arial they once were to a font that has a serif when published/previewed — and I couldn’t change them back. Freaked out!

    Inspecting the Published (or web-previewed) page and inspecting the element I see the font-family: \”Arial\”;. Now, if I alter the element in the inspection panel to font-family: Arial; it (temporarily) appears correctly. Alternatively, when I look at the element with Enable Responsive Title selected it generated the proper font-family: “Arial”;

    Hopefully eLearning Bros will update with that tracked fix soon to output the correct Publish style instead of this:
    font-family: \”Arial\”;

    Glad I popped into the forum.

    -Darrell.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.