Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Formatting in-line variables

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    117 pts
    @mnotermans5114

@timk your pageTransition caused it to NaN at start… in my zip based on your version i just added some delay on those actions at show… and then it works perfectly.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #421840 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lydia B
    Lydia B
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @lb1730

It works! All of you have been amazing! (I may be a bit too excited by this. Sorry…:D)

It will take a bit of studying of the file on my part to be comfortable with the usage of these functions, but I think I can take it from here. I may ask you again if I can’t make it run for a different question.

Another problem: The way you formatted the number (ex A1) in the text box will only work if there is no other text in the text box, is this correct?  So if I have a question that contain more text in the text box with the variable, how can I make it format?

Thank you again.

#421848 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    302 pts
    @timk

@mnotermans5114

Thanks. I didn’t realize there was a transition in the sample when previewing the single page. I should have published. I used Lectora 17.0.6, maybe the transitions changed after that. I usually avoid all transitions whenever possible, too much effort for too little effect 😉

Another thing to learn from: You can test as much as you want on your side, there’s no guarantee it’ll work somewhere else … and I couldn’t count the number of times I pressed F5, to make A7 a negative value which only happens once in a 1,00,0 whiles.

#421850 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Lydia B
    Lydia B
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @lb1730

Apparently the transition was inherited from the template. Although, it does not seem like it is really making any difference to the view of feel of the page, so I may follow your example and take it out.

Something new I have learned! Thanks Tim 🙂

#421853 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    117 pts
    @mnotermans5114

@timk Agree on all, and i could have known it wasnot your transition 😉 I too avoid them mostly. When testing your own work, at some point you get blind for other approaches. So always good to let others do some tests, you often encounter things you didnot think of 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.