Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Forward / Backward Compatibility Versions 18 & 19?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Neil Scott
    Neil Scott
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    @nscott8678

I am about to upgrade from Lectora 18 to 19 and wondering if there are any compatibility issues going forwards or backwards between versions?

While I wait for the upgrade, I have some titles which I will start to develop in 18, but they may get finished in 19. Others in my team may stay on 18 to perform title updates.

I’m just being super cautious given that there have been issues like this in the past.

Cheers

Neil

#450404 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    30 pts
    @cainam

You can have both programs installed on your machine – so you do a bit of testing before you make a full commitment.  ; )

#450450 Score: 1
    Profile photo of John Eckhart
    John Eckhart
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jeckhart6008

New features in Lectora 19 are not backwards compatible with Lectora 18. So things like custom button states or event timeline actions will not work when reverting from 19 to 18. But other than that, Adam makes a good point about testing.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #450452 Score: 1
    Profile photo of John Eckhart
    John Eckhart
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jeckhart6008

Don’t edit Lectora 19 titles in version 18. You can always backup/archive your Lectora 18 content by exporting the title to zip. Be sure to include the Lectora version in your filename for easy identification. You can then open it with Lectora 18 or with future versions of Lectora.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.