Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers FREE Vector Callouts for Lectora 11?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin Stagg
    Kevin Stagg
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @kstagg

I have limited resources here and, while coming across some non-vector images (on a competing product’s website) – they were unfortunately, non-vector.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find some vector-based callouts for Lectora 11 for a commercial product? Oh that are free and that don’t require attribution? Scaling these images up to allow for more text just isn’t working as they look terrible.

Probably like finding a unicorn at the end of a rainbow, isn’t it?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Kevin Stagg Kevin Stagg.
    #322488 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    197 pts
    @Klaatu

maybe? http://www.vecteezy.com/free-vector/callout

#322578 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Callouts are definitely a hard one. I have a bunch of free image websites saved from and I can’t find any decent callouts or they aren’t vectors. Create it in PowerPoint, maybe?

#322587 Score: 0
    Kevin Stagg
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @kstagg

Thanks guys. I’m finding that vectors still can’t be scaled. Even if copied from PowerPoint scaling up really doesn’t prevent fuzzing. I’m going to have to use default shapes in Lectora. Is there a way to merge shapes within Lectora? Like maybe combine a triangle and rectangle shape? (see attached). I’m trying to keep the stroke around the caption.

I guess I could group them as one object, but can I do it and keeping the stroke and make it look like one object and not two (triangle and a rectangle on top of each other).

Thanks in advance all your help!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Kevin Stagg Kevin Stagg.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Kevin Stagg Kevin Stagg.
    Attachments:
    #322613 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Laura Silver
    Laura Silver
    junior moderator
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    Group Member
    21 pts
    @lsilver

Kevin  – If you have Lectora Inspire, try using Snagit to create a callout at your desired size. There is a Callout option in the Drawing Tools menu.

Also, in the Stock Library in Lectora 11, go to ClipArt > signs and symbols > callouts and starbursts – there are some nice .png images in there that scale well. (Secret tip – search “vx” in the ClipArt folder to see a full collection of more modern .png images)

Of course, if you’re able to upgrade to Lectora 12, we have a native Callout shape available where you can enter text, adjust the corners and callout direction, add a border, etc.

Hope this helps!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #322755 Score: 1
    Kevin Stagg
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @kstagg

Found that clipart in Lectora 11, as well as the captions in SnagIt. Thanks for this!

You guys are great. Thanks again.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.