Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Frequent crash to desktop in Publisher 18.0.2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick Kummert
    Nick Kummert
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @nkummert8322

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing frequent crashes to desktop without warning while working in Lectora Publisher version 18.0.2. Sometimes they happen while I am authoring, other times they happen while Publisher is in the background and is not being used. At their worst, these crashes have happened multiple times in the span of 30 minutes. I do not get any error message or warning when these crashes occur, or when I reopen Lectora.

Here’s some additional information about my configuration:

I’m running Windows 10 64-bit version 1803

Intel i5 7200U dual-core processor at 2.71ghz with 8gb ram

The files I’m working with are generally around 100 slides and are 200 megabytes in size. I’m usually only running chrome or outlook in the background while I run Lectora. I am also running Lectora at 1.25 UI scale (using the windows setting).

I greatly appreciate any help you can offer!

#419219 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim Gleason
    Tim Gleason
    beginner
    intermediate
    Group Member
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    @tgleason9221

Hi,

I’m still running v17.  But if no one else can give you anything more definitive I would definitely try turning the scaling off first to see if that helps.

#419290 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Nick Kummert
    Nick Kummert
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @nkummert8322

Thanks for the suggestion Tim! I was able to author for a bit longer when my display was set to not scale, but still experienced a crash again after a while.

#419292 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    111 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Also you might make sure you are not working on 2 monitors. This caused issues in the past.

#419411 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    14 pts
    @CarlFink

I assume the files you are working on don’t have some unusual component, say complex custom JavaScript?

Crashing while you have the program minimized and without the focus makes me think that some automatic (timer-triggered) process is causing the crash. If you look in the project folder after a crash, which file has the newest access time? Might be a tipoff.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #419600 Score: 1
    Profile photo of mallow76
    mallow76
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    23 pts
    @mallow76

The only time I have ever had regular crashing issues with Lectora was if I ever worked on project files that were on a network drive. I now make sure I copy any file that I am working on to my local drive.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.