Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Full Screen Video Fails on iPad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    7 pts
    @broeme

I just updated from 18.1.4 to 18.2.3 and running into a issue with full screen video on iPad.  I click the full screen button, and the video appears to “try” to go full screen (flickers a bit), but then goes away.  The video continues to play without interuption, just doesn’t go to full screen.

The video files are embedded locally in the course, I’m publishing to SCORM 1.2 (non-seamless player), and testing the courses on SCORM Cloud.

To ensure it isn’t my iPad or some recent iOS update, I reimported the 18.1.4 version of the course I published just a few weeks ago.  Full screen works just fine in that version…no other changes were made…just republish.

Lastly, v18.2.3 full screen video seems to work just fine on my desktop using Edge or Chrome.  My Android phone using Chrome also goes to full screen without error.

#440384 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

@broeme Hi Brian, is there any reason you’re publishing non-seamless?  I’m able to recreate this with non-seamless,  and will open a bug to track it. I did test my title published seamless and the video went full screen

#440386 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    7 pts
    @broeme

@tea – Thanks, I appreciate the quick response and attention.  The reason for non-seamless is that this series of courses was designed to comply with 508.  My understanding is that the seamless player is not accessible.

#440388 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tea
    tea
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    5 pts
    @tea

@broeme – Thanks for the info, I have a bug opened now, and I spoke to dev to make them aware of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.