Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Functional quirks when publishing SCORM 1.2 to a zip file

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
    Zachary Liquorman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @zliquorman1276

Has anyone encountered a similar issue where after uploading a SCORM 1.2 package (generated by Lectora directly to a ZIP) content to an LMS, sometimes the assessment “next” buttons don’t work?

I had this issue while testing content in our new LMS environment, and found that, seemingly at random, sometimes the content would break on an assessment.

For example, I would publish the finished course to SCORM 1.2 directly to a ZIP file. I’d upload that ZIP file to our LMS, and then run that content. On the second page of the assessment (the first was just a blank page with instructions, and an invisible question with no value so it could all be contained in the assessment chapter), clicking the “next” button would simply not work.

However, if I re-published the content again to a zip file, changing absolutely nothing in Lectora, and then uploaded that, often it would work flawlessly. I’m fairly confident the issue isn’t the LMS, and running the debug window hasn’t provided any insight. In the end, it was fine as long as I made sure the tested version that worked is the exact package we used on the production-side LMS, but it’s bizarre that this would happen.

#400577 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    42 pts
    @JasonADal

Just for process of elimination – Did you try either Moodle or SCORM Cloud? I always start with one of the two when I have LMS issues to try and eliminate that possibility.

#400581 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
    Zachary Liquorman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @zliquorman1276

Unfortunately, I cannot utilize these as they’re outside of our approved validated software listing. Essentially, I can’t test our content outside of our own environment, with the exception of ReviewLink since it’s been specifically approved in the past.

#400607 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    14 pts
    @CarlFink

Zachary, you could confirm that the problem is with the initial publication to SCORM by using the DOS “comp” command to compare the two files. If you didn’t change anything, the two zip files should be identical. If they aren’t, it’s most assuredly a Lectora bug. (Then you would have to try to find which of the many files in a Lectora assessment is different.)

#400625 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J S
    J S
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @ummakumma

I have noticed that sometimes transitions on objects does that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.