Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Global Bookmarks Possible?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

How do I send the content of Lectora’s system variables and/or user-defined variables using the SubmitVariableValues action?

We want this at the global level – not set on every page.

We currently give the student the option to set a bookmark on every page – if they want to.  The student simply clicks on a little red bookmark that sends the chapter and page number.  We would like it to work automatically.

I am wanting to send the chapter number (CurrentChapterName) and the page number (CurrentPageName) to our LMS using the Submit Variable Values action. Currently, I am having to ‘hard-code’ these values in for every page number, e.g. c=1,p=1.
    <div>These values are sent as parameters to an asp.net file which in turn, stores them to the LMS’s database.</div>

#452042 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    48 pts
    @CarlFink

You could probably do that with JavaScript, but it’s beyond my skills.

#452048 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    2 pts
    @TxLady

Thank you for responding.  Maybe someone else has an idea.  I do appreciate a response.

#452054 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Sorry in advance, I’ve never used this action and I don’t know about ASP.

The “Submit variables” action should send all variables from the course to the URL given in the Adress field, i.e. the URL of the server script. The script then needs to pick the relevant variables from the full amount of data.

You might use a form with a “Submit form” action to reduce the number of variables sent along with those you need. You can decide whether to “POST” or “GET” the data to know where to find them in the server script.

Most of it should depend on what you want to do with the values. If you just want to remember which bookmark indicators should be red, it could also be done with a normal Lectora variable “retained between sessions”. In the end this would also store the information in the LMS’s database. You could then turn all indicators red when the course is reopened.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.