Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Suggestions Go To Myself – a Go To same page option

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roz Schwartz
    Roz Schwartz
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    entry
    entry
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @rgs55

What is the intent of the Go To Current Page? It does not appear to have any effect.

I would like to see a “go to” that allows a page to branch to itself. The intent would be to treat the page as if you were coming to it from any other page. I currently do this by creating a pass-through page that basically just has a Go To my page, but if oftentimes creates a “flash” since it’s switching pages, twice. The need arises when I create an interaction that allows the learner to start over (or try again).

Maybe a Refresh Page option?

Thanks!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #306908 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

The “go to page” action does not simply go to a page, you can also set a specific object to scroll to, once the page is loaded. Most popular use of it is to create a long page with glossary and open it on the correct term. However, you can also imagine a long page with a “go to top” button at the bottom, which would benefit from a “Go To – Current Page – Specific object” functionality. So it is definitely useful for navigating within a very long page.

By the way (@johnb), there is a little bug with that functionality. Lectora allows me to set any object as scroll destination (textbox, image, shape, button, etc) but it does not work for buttons since they don’t have the button123anc anchor defined.

Having said that, a simple action to safely refresh current page would be great. In some LMS, refreshing a page will result in the course closing. So what I do, is simply add a blank hidden page at the end of the course, set Go To action to go to that hidden page, and then jump back automatically via a “on show > go to Previous” action.

#306915 Score: 1
    Roz Schwartz
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    entry
    entry
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @rgs55

What I’m really looking for is the Refresh Page option. I would like a way to start the page over; e.g., putting all objects, etc. in their original state. So, I like the blank page at the end of the course idea. I had always created a specific redirect page, forgetting about the Go To Previous option. Great idea…thanks!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #306935 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

@ssneg I notified the developers of the button anchor not working.  If you have a Lectora file handy that shows this in action I’d be happy to pass it along as well.

#306959 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg
    #306960 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

You can reload the page by placing a JavaScript action on a button.

location.reload();

This will reload the page from cache. If you want to force the page to reload from the server, just add true between the parentheses.

location.reload(true);

Everything but variables should reset with either method above. If you want variables to also reset you have to place an action on page – show to reset all variables.

I suggest that you test before using this in production as Sergey warns that he has seen reloading a page close out a course in some LMS.

#306963 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

When you register for the community it automatically creates your user name using your first and last name along with random numbers so I ran with what it gave me lol

#307048 Score: 0
    Roz Schwartz
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    entry
    entry
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @rgs55

Darrel, thanks! That works. And yes, I would definitely test it within an LMS to make sure it does not close down the course.

#307049 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

You’re very welcome. Glad I could help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.