Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers "Grade each choice" function is not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Antje
    Antje
    @Antje

“Grade each choice” function is not working when using further action dependencies

Since using Lectora V 12.1.0 the “grade each choice” function is not working properly anymore when using this in combination with additional actions.
    The score is calculated properly but if this function is used in combination with additional actions/variables it is not working anymore.

One example when using multiple response questions (MRQ):
    More than one choice is correct. The grade each choice function is set/activated. An action is set which says by clicking on this element “show text element xxx” when question “is correct”.
    Although all possible correct choices are ticked the text field is not shown properly.

It doesn’t matter if using multiple choice response questions or drag & drop or matching.
    As soon as the function “grade each choice” is used, it doesn’t work anymore!
    As soons as I untick the function “grade each choice” it works fine and my text element as individual feedback is shown.

So it seems like a stupid bug again in the new lectora version which is really frustrating now, since I’m using lectora for years now. But with every new major update exsting functions are not working anymore.
    And this bothers a lot!!! All existing courses are not working anymore when we need to do an export again.

The standard feedback function for questions is actually not an option for us.
    So I hope someone can help!!!!

Best regards
    Antje

#295177 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

I can confirm this bug (and also explain how it happens). Here’s the example I’m using:

Which are the good words?
     a) good
     b) nice
     c) bad
     d) worst

Let’s look inside Lectora’s question grading function:

1. The Var_Question0001 variable always contains the value of the given answer (comma-separated). If I select the two correct options in my example, it will contain “good,nice”.

2. Questions have a special function that can be used to check their correctness. It works like this:

Var_Question0001.isCorr("String to check") //returns FALSE
    Var_Question0001.isCorr("good,nice") //returns TRUE

3. Any conditional action relies on the above function to check whether it should fire. For questions without “grade each choice” selected, it looks like this:

if(VarQuestion_0001.isCorr('\u0067\u006F\u006F\u0064\u002C\u006E\u0069\u0063\u0065'))
     {trivAlert( '57', 'Title 10', 'custom action: correct!', fn );
     }else{ action108else(fn);}

And for questions with the “grade each choice” enabled it looks like this:

if(VarQuestion_0001.isCorr('\u0067\u006F\u006F\u0064\u0026\u0023\u0034\u0034\u006E\u0069\u0063\u0065'))
     {trivAlert( '57', 'Title 10', 'custom action: correct!', fn );
     }else{ action108else(fn);}

Can you spot the difference? Okay, I’ll decode and parse it for you from the “safe” web format.

First string says “good,nice”

Second string says “good&#44nice”

So obviously the second string is broken when generated by Lectora. Why? I don’t know but I sure hope that this information will help them patch the problem asap.

#295178 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

So what can you do to fix that in the meantime?

Method 1: Replace action conditions from “If Question _001 is correct” to “If Question_001 contains “option1,option3” (of course, use the actual text of your options).

Method 2: Open the published HTML and replace all instances of “\u0026\u0023\u0034\u0034” with just “\u002C” in all files.

Method 3: Fix the code inside trivantis-cookie.js file to account for the comma bug.

#295470 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Laura Silver
    Laura Silver
    junior moderator
    verified member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    friend finder
    advanced
    curious george
    Group Member
    21 pts
    @lsilver

@antje – Can you be sure to submit a support ticket with this bug? You’ll find a blue “Submit a Support Ticket” on the right of the page near your original post – you can just reference this link rather than having to write it all up again, but this way we can be sure to get this properly documented and fixed. I apologize for your frustration in dealing with this issue.

#305828 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Anja Braun
    Anja Braun
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    @abraun2714

This still seems not to be fixed in Lectora V 16.0.2?

I would appreciate a proper solution very much, thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.