Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Grouping Items in the Title Explorer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Dear All,

I am wondering what is the best way to group related items in the title explorer. For instance, I have course made up of many exercices each occupying one line. These exercices consist of three buttons, a text field and 2 sound files.

This results in a plethora of buttons and other items in the Title Explorer. Sometimes, they are scattered all over the explorer and it is difficult to identify which button belongs to which exercice. Also, they occupy a large amount of space which makes it difficult to have an overview of the course/title.

I would like to regroup the buttons for each line under an expandable menu item called, for example, Exercice 1 (or 2 or 3 or…).

I can do this by selecting each item on the page and then grouping them together. I can then rename each element and drag the entire exercice to the right place in the title explorer. The downside of this is that all items are actually grouped on the screen and I would have to ungroup them in order to edit them or whatever.

Is there a better way of achieving what I am trying to do or is grouping the only option?

Thank you

Andrew

#303412 Score: 3
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    307 pts
    @timk

Happy new year!

I don’t know a better way to achieve more overview than grouping those items that belong together. Usually there is no need to ungroup them again. You can edit each elements properties separately. You can move each item separately either by entering values into the position fields in the lower left corner or by holding [ALT] while moving it with the mouse.

Tim

This post has received 3 votes up.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.