Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

Hi,

I’m creating a question with 18 hotspots and a submit button.

I want the user to click the submit button and then for a message to display stating how many ‘correct’ hotspots they have clicked. Something like “You identified 14 out of 18 hotspots, click continue to see all the answers”.

I’m not looking to insert incorrect answers (distractors) at present, I want to get the basis working.

Does anyone know how to do this or have an alternative?

Thanks

#296808 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Wendy Miller
    Wendy Miller
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    verified member
    55 pts
    @wendymiller

This can certainly be done more than one way. It would be pretty easy if your question only needed 15 or fewer hotspots. A single hotspot question has a limit of 15 spots you can add. So you have to get a little creative to do more than 15.

I am attaching an AWT that has 3 hotspot examples in it. The first one demonstrates how you would do it if you had 15 or fewer hotspots. The second example uses 18 hotspot questions, each with a single hotspot. And the third example uses customized checkboxes on top of an image and a hidden question for which the value is set manually after counting up the number of checkboxes that have been checked.

Other people may think of different ways to do what it is you want. These were just the first things that popped into my head.

In any case, download the file and dig around in it to see how each example works. If you have questions about it, I am happy to try to answer them.

#296832 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

This worked great, chose the option using check boxes as it allowed me to change what the hotspot looked like, hotspot questions themselves seem fairly restrictive the check boxes option is much better.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of John B John B.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of John B John B.
    #297034 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

Could anyone help me on this…

I now need to include more hotspots but this time they need to match some of the existing hotspots.

For example I have an object which I want the user to identify by clicking a hotspot but I want to give them the option of clicking say 3 hotspots for the one object, once one of the hotspots has been clicked I want the other 2 to be unselect-able as if they were able to do so it would distort the score they are given at the end.

Is this possible?

Thanks

#297053 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Daryl Fleary
    Daryl Fleary
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    verified member
    17 pts
    @dfleary

I’m not sure I understand the question. If “Correct answer includes more than one choice” is NOT selected, Lectora will only allow one at a time to be selected; the others are deselected. Is that what you are trying to accomplish? If not, please provide a little more information. I’m pretty confident we can find a solution.

– – Daryl

#297102 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John B
    John B
    2 pts
    @John B

I have one image with 18 hotspots, 1 hotspot identifies one area on the image and awards 1 mark.

Some of the areas are quite large in comparison to the hotspots therefore I want to place additional hotspots onto these areas but I do not want the user to be able to click on the same area 3 times (for example) or for it to award 3 marks instead of the one.

I hope this makes it clearer…

Thanks

#297194 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Daryl Fleary
    Daryl Fleary
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    verified member
    17 pts
    @dfleary

Attached is a v12 Library Object that might help. It uses buttons and shapes to turn on/off spots. I added a variable to prevent the student from clicking “on” any spot more than 3 times. Also added some points since you mentioned that.  It probably isn’t exactly what you are trying to do, but hopefully it will give you an idea of where to go.

If you want to attach your specific example then perhaps we can help a little more.

– – Daryl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.