Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How can I get videos to play more than once?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom Lacey-Johnson
    Tom Lacey-Johnson
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    2 pts
    @tomljagogo

I have this issue with videos not playing more than once. I am using the player controls and I can only play the video once, but if I click to play in again nothing happens, and I get a blank video element. How can I remedy this?

#288289 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Charlie29
    Charlie29
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @Charlie29

I am having the same problem. Anybody able to resolve this?

#288292 Score: 0
    Profile photo of andy0dave
    andy0dave
    @andy0dave

Hello,

We have faced this problem. We managed to fix this (Not 100% tested) by adding an Event to the end of the video.

Select your video within lectora and cliock on the Sync Events button in the Properties ribbon.

Just before your video ends add a new event that stops the video. This we believe stops and sends the play head back to the start of the video. The next time you run a “PLAY” actions it will play from the start again.

Hope this helps.

Andy (Credit to a colleague -> Syril)

#288291 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J S
    J S
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @ummakumma

@andy0dave 64008 wrote:

Hello,

We have faced this problem. We managed to fix this (Not 100% tested) by adding an Event to the end of the video.

Select your video within lectora and cliock on the Sync Events button in the Properties ribbon.

Just before your video ends add a new event that stops the video. This we believe stops and sends the play head back to the start of the video. The next time you run a “PLAY” actions it will play from the start again.

Hope this helps.

Andy (Credit to a colleague -> Syril)

Yes! Thanks to Syril! I got it working but I needed to put the action about 0.20 seconds before the end. I have not tested this fully either.

#288290 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

I just tested the “out of the box” functionality by dropping a short video onto a page and previewing it. Sometimes it freezes on the second attempt to play and sometimes on the third. Really strange and looks like a JWplayer bug or JW configuration issue. Unfortunately, it’s JWplayer 5, and the latest version is 6, so this could be linked e.g. to one of recent Flash updates that were not (and won’t be) handled in JWplayer 5.

#288288 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    320 pts
    @timk

It seems indeed to be linked to the Flash player somehow. I didn’t witness any problems when viewing the same page on an ipad…

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.