Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How do you set up Google Drive to store test results?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of egwin
    egwin
    @egwin

Lectora Question: I need the results of student quizzes to be submitted to google drive. I’ve checked the Lectora Help, but that doesn’t tell me what to set up in Google drive to receive the quiz results for each student. Where can I find instructions on setting this up? Should it be a form or a spreadsheet? Within our custom training there are 10 quizzes. So I need to have the results for all ten quizzes saved in google drive. Thank you very much!

#285021 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

We’ve actually put a template on Google Drive that you can use to get started. Here are some steps to follow.

1. Access the Google Drive Templates > They’ve recently removed the “Create from Template option”, so you’ll need to go directly to the URL: https://drive.google.com/templates?

2. Search for Lectora.

3. You’ll see a few options:
    Lectora Test/Survey Submission: Use this template if you plan to prompt for the user’s name.
    Lectora Test/Survey Submission – Anonymous: Use this template if results are meant to be anonymous.
    Lectora Form Submission: Use this template to submit Lectora form results.

4. Select “Use this template”. Google will then open a form with a number of text entry questions. By default there are 50. If you have more than 50 questions, you can add more. If you have less, you can delete them. You don’t have to delete them – the resulting spreadsheet will just have more columns than you need.

If you wanted to build your own form, you would just need as many text entry questions as there are questions in your test.

5. The URL for the form is all you need to provide Lectora in the Settings dialog. You can find this on the Test Ribbon on the Results Tab. Select “Custom Results Submission”, then Submit to Google Drive. Select Settings and paste the URL.

6. To see results, from the Form, select See Responses > Spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is automatically created when the form is added – the two are linked together. You can also find this on your list of documents in Google Drive – it will be named “Copy of

#285042 Score: 0
    Profile photo of egwin
    egwin
    @egwin

Thank you for your response. I’m on the right track now and I’ve gotten through steps 4 and 5 of your instructions. But I think I’m missing a step between 4 and 5. How do I save the form?

I tested my quiz in run mode and no results were sent to the template.

Also, how can I get the total score for the test to be submitted to the form? I’m not concerned with saving individual answers, I just want to save the final score.

#285020 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

When you select Use This Template, Google automatically creates a copy for you and saves the resulting spreadsheet (where the answers are tracked) in your list of Google Drive documents.

If you make any changes to the form, there is a Save button in the upper-right hand corner.

Make sure you’ve selected Google Drive from the Submit To dialog. Then verify you’re using the correct URL in the Settings dialog. The form’s URL should look like this:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/gform?key=0Au3d6z3ilBiDdFYzX0hlUzJKbjFCV19uSi1rbkFoUmc&gridId=0#edit

As long as the test is graded, the score will be included.

#285029 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I can’t get this to work either. The spreadsheet doesn’t populate any answers. Where would the score show up, since there is no column for that? Why does it list question numbers that I don’t have on the edited form. Do we need to enter the variable name for each test question somewhere?

#285030 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I got this to work partially for a test, but it’s not doing anything for a survey I created. Do we have to name the file the same as the name of the test/survey? Is it necessary to fill in all the questions and answers in the template, or does it pull in whatever is in the variable anyway? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Also, what goes in the Question Title field? Can I put the Question itself in there or does it need the object name?

#285031 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

I got this to work for a survey but there is no score appearing when I do this for a test.

For the Google form url to enter in Lectora, I copied and pasted the full URL from the spreadsheet view, then added #edit to the end. The actual “edit form” link from the spreadsheet did not work for me.

It doesn’t appear that the question names and variables matter; it appears to pull the questions through in the order they appear in the title explorer within Lectora.

I also would love to find a way to send server info (user name, email, browser type, etc.) to the spreadsheet as I currently get all that info when generating a custom email with VBScript.

Edit: I made another one from the template and this time entered nothing for questions and answers. It seems to work fine. Still no test score though. One odd thing is that this does not work correctly from Preview mode. It will submit info, but not the test answers. It includes what some system info and yes, the test score (but not when published).

#285032 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Does anyone know how to edit the spreadsheet to add other info besides the test answers? I can’t find anything to edit the template itself. There must be some way to add a test score column.

#285033 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Alright, to get a test score, you need to leave an extra question on the form. I had been deleting all extra questions. Really, it seems to work best if I don’t edit the form and just save it and edit it directly in the spreadsheet instead. I can change the questions names there and it still works. When I added questions and answers to the form edit screen, it seemed to place questions in the wrong order. There appears to be no reason to add those. It will pull in whatever answer is submitted. Again, I would love the ability to add more fields for other info.

#285034 Score: 0
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

@egwin 49388 wrote:

Thank you for your response. I’m on the right track now and I’ve gotten through steps 4 and 5 of your instructions. But I think I’m missing a step between 4 and 5. How do I save the form?

I tested my quiz in run mode and no results were sent to the template.

Also, how can I get the total score for the test to be submitted to the form? I’m not concerned with saving individual answers, I just want to save the final score.

I really think seeing the individual answers here can be quite beneficial for both surveys and tests. It can tell me how many people get each question wrong. If it looks like a large number of people are getting the same question wrong, it is a sign that we are not teaching that particular concept correctly (or that the question may be badly worded).

#285023 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

The form questions (entry fields) are really just placeholders for Lectora to post the answers. If you wanted to pull in additional information outside of the test question variables, you could always populate hidden questions with any variable you like in Lectora, and just make sure it’s inside the test. I do agree that the ability to include all variables is a valuable feature, though, and I’ve made sure to document this.

In the end, it doesn’t necessarily matter what the form looks like, just that you have enough placeholders to handle all the variables you’re trying to submit. Users will never see the form, and as long as the column headers in the spreadsheet are meaningful to you, that’s what matters most.

We’re planning on giving a demo of this functionality in an upcoming Inspiration Wednesday session, so be sure to keep an eye out!

#285038 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to this topic, it has potentialy been really benificial to me.

I do have a slight problem though. I have set up the Google Drive, added my form to ETC and can post data to the Google Drive just fine when I test it in Run Mode. However when I publish my content, published as Web (HTML), I get an error message saying Not Found (see image below). I get no indication what is not found and there is nothing else to go on to help me resolve this. When I first published the course I got a different error message but this was resolved by checking the Use JavaScript Title Manager.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393[/ATTACH]

Any help with this problem would be great as I would really like to use this method for recording data.

#285026 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cpliu
    cpliu
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    2 pts
    @cpliu

Where are the templates? I can’t find them at google. Do you have the date for the demo yet? THANKS!

#285022 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

You can find the templates here: https://drive.google.com/templates?q=Lectora&sort=hottest&view=public. You should see 3 available Lectora templates. Once you select “Use this template” a copy will be created in Google Drive.

There will be an Inspiration Wednesdays webinar on Questions and using Google Drive to store test results on April 10, 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM EDT. You can register here: http://lectora.com/free-e-learning-webinars

#285037 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarrieLou
    CarrieLou
    @CarrieLou

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. Runs great in run mode, but will not work in SCORM or HTML.

@rhys 49511 wrote:

Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to this topic, it has potentialy been really benificial to me.

I do have a slight problem though. I have set up the Google Drive, added my form to ETC and can post data to the Google Drive just fine when I test it in Run Mode. However when I publish my content, published as Web (HTML), I get an error message saying Not Found (see image below). I get no indication what is not found and there is nothing else to go on to help me resolve this. When I first published the course I got a different error message but this was resolved by checking the Use JavaScript Title Manager.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393[/ATTACH]

Any help with this problem would be great as I would really like to use this method for recording data.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.