Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How do you set up Google Drive to store test results?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

Hi,

Yes I did find a solution. (forgive slightly vague instructions I cant log into my google drive at present) If you go to google drive and open the file. In the open file there is an option somewhere on screen to change the sharing options. when you select this you are given options to make the file avilable to public, only people with link, and one other I cant remember. There is also a link to the file, using this link seemed to resolve the issue for me.

Sorry I cant be more specific in the instructions, I hope you can work it out from that.

#285011 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Atlanta Joe
    Atlanta Joe
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @joejubee

Ok, so I can see that in Inspire, and in the Test results, you can select a checkbox that will prompt for the Student’s name, but isn’t there a way to pull that information from the LMS/SCORM packaging? I know that you can pull that username/etc. into Lectora using AICC_Student_Name and other variables like that. Is there a way that we can populate the GoogleDoc with that information instead? It seems pretty straight-forward…

Joe

#285040 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

You could do this by adding an input box. Put an action at page level to set the content of that box to the AICC_Student_Name and another action to submit the result to the Google Drive.

#285012 Score: 0
    Atlanta Joe
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @joejubee

@rhys 51213 wrote:

You could do this by adding an input box. Put an action at page level to set the content of that box to the AICC_Student_Name and another action to submit the result to the Google Drive.

Ok, I think I need a little hand-holding with this…

Currently, I have the standard Lectora Google Doc that is recording the timestamp, question answers, and final score. In the column (in GoogleDocs) next to the timestamp, I’d like it to record the username (via SCORM)… Renaming that column in google docs is a no-brainer, but simply renaming that column doesn’t change the fact that the first question’s results are recorded there.

Second, for the test results, submitting that to GD isn’t an issue because that’s built into the Test mechanism. I’m not seeing how I can send the contents of a text box to GD…

Wait… I think I have it.

Here’s what I did:

I created a test. On the first page, I have two test questions. The first is a Fill in the Blank, and the second is a multiple choice. The text box on the fill in the blank has an “On Show Page, Change Contents” action on it that pulls in the username (or any other variable data) and drops it into the text box. BUT – That fill in the blank question is initially hidden. That way, the user just sees the one multiple choice question on the page, and moves on, not knowing that their username is passed on.

How’d you do it?

Thanks for tickling my brain!

Joe

#285041 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

almost exactly the same only I use an entry field rather than a question. You also need to check the Include All Variable Values check box on the results tab. Reason I do it with an entry field rather than a test question is so not to impact the overall test scores.

#285013 Score: 0
    Atlanta Joe
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    13 pts
    @joejubee

Cool – yea, I just set that test question to a point value of 0. Thanks again!

#285043 Score: 0
    Profile photo of egwin
    egwin
    @egwin

Since I set this up last year, it seems the location for the form no longer exists. Do you know to where it has been relocated?

Thank you.

#285025 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

You should be able to access the template forms here:
    https://drive.google.com/templates?q=lectora

I was able to find this by doing a Google search for “Google Drive Templates” and then searching on that page for “lectora” – just in case they move it again!

#285044 Score: 0
    Profile photo of dvo
    dvo
    @dvo

@lauram, I appreciate you posting steps on getting Lectora wired up with Google Drive. I went through the steps but am receiving some errors. Here is what I have done so far:

I downloaded the Lectora Form Submission template from: https://drive.google.com/templates?q=Lectora&sort=hottest&view=public

Within Lectora Publisher v. 11, I went to drop in the Google Drive URL for the spreadsheet version of this Lectora Form Submission template. Here are my steps that I went through:

Behavior & Results > checked option for Custom Results Submission
    Submit To: Google Drive
    Settings > Submit to Google Drive URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w5wgVkciIjIqyu4zk6J8CzfMesXIvoxZkm3zplp330U/edit#gid=0

Upon copying the Google Drive URL from the web address bar and directly pasting it into the Lectora settings, I received a pop up error saying that the URL was not properly formatted and that I should get the Google Drive URL directly from the web address bar. It went onto say that the URL format should be something like:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/ccc?key=1w5wgVkciIjIqyu4zk6J8CzfMesXIvoxZkm3zplp330U

Note the difference between the two URL formats: My initial URL was: …/spreadsheets/d/… while Lectora is requesting: …/spreadsheets/ccc?key=….

I went ahead and formatted the Google Drive URL as requested by Lectora, however it prompted me with another error saying that the connection to the Google Drive account failed. This error occurred while testing in Run Mode.

Is there anything that I may be doing wrong, or would this be an issue with version 11 of Lectora Publisher?

Any insight would be great, thanks!

– Dan

#285024 Score: 0
    Profile photo of lauram
    lauram
    2 pts
    @lauram

Hi Dan,

When Google upgraded Google Forms with a new API, we had to make changes in Lectora to work with these updates. These changes were made in Lectora 12, so unfortunately, if you’re using Lectora 11 you’re still going to experience issues.

If you have any questions about moving to Lectora 12, let us know how we can help.

– Laura

#285016 Score: 0
    Profile photo of krixquet
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

Is there a way to send variables to a Google Document without creating a form? If you have to create a form, how can you have the Lectora course fill in the form using variables where users do not input the data.

For example, I need to track each time a course is accessed (outside an LMS), it doesn’t matter how many times the same person accesses. The client does not want them to have to login nor wants them to fill out a form. They basically need to track usage of the content (grant requires this information).

Or, any ideas on how I can track course usage without getting anything from the user. I proposed to the admin that we use Google Analytics but they were concerned that it would not work because the URL will have a question mark. Is this true?

I think I am just too tired today to think this outside of the box.

I tried creating a Google Form, then copying the URL and placing on the next button, OnClick Submit Form, but it does not populate. I think I am missing a step. I am on V12.0.2 of Lectora Publisher.

#285027 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

There are multiple ways of getting data from your learners into a document, and it seems you are confusing those.

A. Silently submit a form to Google Form.
    1. Create a form with any kind of data in Lectora.
    2. In Form’s Properties, select Submit to Google Drive. You can choose to submit only form values or add all other variables in the course or add a custom parameter (e.g. a password or course ID).
    3. Click the green pencil and enter an address for your Google Forms (created from a template as detailed in the help file).

Your data will be submitted to a form. Student’s won’t have to fill out anything, they won’t see the Google Form.

B. Add a (prominent) Google Form to your course.
    1. Create a Google Form.
    2. Add it on a Lectora page using Web Window.
    3. Your students will have to fill it out and submit. You cannot submit it using a Lectora button and you cannot add any extra variables to the form.

Hope this helps.

#285015 Score: 0
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

Thanks Sergey, I’m trying, I did select send to Google Form but the form has not received the data, so something isn’t working. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I will keep trying!

#285028 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

@krixquet 64429 wrote:

Thanks Sergey, I’m trying, I did select send to Google Form but the form has not received the data, so something isn’t working. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I will keep trying!

Sometimes when you preview from your local hard drive (inside Lectora or after publishing), Google will refuse communication with your course. Try uploading the course on LMS / web server and see if it helps.

#285019 Score: 0
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

Well, it turns out, it was working, just not with a form I built, but only from the Template by John Blackmon. I honestly have no idea why. Also, it doesn’t work if I have it in ReviewLink but does if I preview it in a browser from Lectora. Now to test it somewhere else.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.