Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How do you set up Google Drive to store test results?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

Does anyone know how to add additional columns? I can add them but they don’t pull the information in from Lectora.

#285014 Score: 0
    Profile photo of krixquet
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

That is a similar problem I am having, if I create my own form, no data transfers. If I use the template, and add columns, data doesn’t transfer… so, I wonder if the suspense data maxes at 50 questions or if John Blackmon did something special to the Excel worksheets that make them work.

#285036 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rwalters
    rwalters
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    curious george
    wise owl
    7 pts
    @rwalters

From earlier in this thread, it appears this should be possible but it doesn’t seem to work for me:

@lauram 49366 wrote:

4. Select “Use this template”. Google will then open a form with a number of text entry questions. By default there are 50. If you have more than 50 questions, you can add more. If you have less, you can delete them. You don’t have to delete them – the resulting spreadsheet will just have more columns than you need.

If you wanted to build your own form, you would just need as many text entry questions as there are questions in your test.

Also, there appears to be a missing column between column Z and AA. I always have to add a “dud” hidden question to bump up the data that goes missing here.

#285018 Score: 0
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

Correct, it sounds like it should work, but I have never had it work since the first time they introduced this in Inspiration Wednesdays. I have always had to use their template and never have more than 50 questions. Well… for now, it is works good enough for me; however, I am going to research if I can actually tell it which column to place information.

For example, in HTML coding, you can use ID names for each tag. A person can input a web address and include the ID to go straight to that location on the page (http://www.mypage.com#bottom). I wonder, if with the URL for the Google Spreadsheet, can I add something at the end of the URL to tell it to send that data to a different sheet in the workbook or different column?

I ask, because in my scenario. I only need to capture how many times the learner launches a course (no matter the number of times) and on the last page, how many learners actually make it to the end of the course. We are not tracking how many make it to page 2 – 2nd to last page.

The only way to do this, that I could figure, was to put a form on page 1 and have it submit on show and a form on the last page and have it submit.

#285017 Score: 0
    krixquet
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @krixquet

So, the reason John Blackmon’s template works, I noticed when I viewed the source code of the form, is because he has already manipulated the form to include content Lectora requires to make the two talk to each other. So, if you know how to edit Google Forms in code… you can. You will need to do this as well if you add questions beyond the 50.

#295859 Score: 0
    Profile photo of tricia dreixler
    tricia dreixler
    @tdreixler4454

As a new user, I’m trying to set up a title so test results are stored in Google drive. I’m using the template mentioned but no results are being posted. I can’t seem to find a tutorial that covers the basics on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

#295883 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Evan Harris
    Evan Harris
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    contributor
    wise owl
    5 pts
    @eharris6433

We just wrote an article up on this topic in the Knowledge Base.  You can access it here:

https://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/using-google-drive-to-collect-results-from-lectora/

#298151 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andy Lockwood
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    11 pts
    @alockwood6897

Thank you for the article in the knowledge base. It’s incredibly helpful and easy to follow. It didn’t take anything to get my course test to submit data to Drive.

Now, I am wondering if there is a way to customize the data coming in.

Currently, I am working on a 40 question randomized test. The 40 questions are pulled from a batch of 98 questions. The spreadsheet automatically collects data for Timestamp, Name, the answer selected to each question, and Score. This being a randomized test, it makes the spreadsheet difficult to read without any indicator to which question each answer is referring to.

I also see an issue with the number of questions. If that number varies, the score does not have its own column, but just designated to the last column in line. If the data columns exceed 50, the score does not appear at all.

Is there a way to designate specific columns to only populate specific information (ie. name, score, question_0001)? Or is there any documentation already to help me customize the spreadsheet?

#372423 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Annemijn Storm
    Annemijn Storm
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    friend finder
    contributor
    @astorm9522

When I use the link https://drive.google.com/templates? to search for the Lectora template, I can’t find any template. I can only see my own documents.. does anyone know where I can find the right template to store my survey results in a Google Drive spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.