Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How to Fire an Action when a Move Action Completes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Malcolm MacKinnon
    Malcolm MacKinnon
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @mmackinnon2873

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get Lectora to fire an action or action group when a Move action completes?

For example say I have a text box in Lectora that slides in from off the screen. Is there any way to make a button go from hidden to shown as soon as the text box finishes sliding, and not before. Delaying the actions manually isn’t ideal as different sliding animations have different durations.

I plan on using this to fire JavaScript functions with specific timing if it makes a difference.

Any help on how I could do this or where I could find additional information would be greatly appreciated. I have access to both Lectora 11 and Lectora 12, though the project that this will be used in is being built in Lectora 12.

#302393 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

Sounds like a job for GSAP.
    // Function created to show initially hidden button
    function myFunction(){
    btn.style.visibility = “visible”;
    };
    // Variables created for button and box. Make sure you use the HTML Name in your project
    var btn = document.getElementById(“button351”);
    var box = document.getElementById(“shape38”);

// GSAP Tween animates box from off screen and when movement is complete fires off function
    TweenMax.to(box, 2, { x:600, onComplete:myFunction });

See attached. The awt is inside zip too.

Hope this helps.

Darrel

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #302402 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Malcolm MacKinnon
    Malcolm MacKinnon
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @mmackinnon2873

Thanks Darrel,

I have used GreenSock before and was hoping to stay away from bringing in another external library. I was hoping that there would be a solution native to Lectora, but after talking with Trivantis Support it seems like it’s just not something Lectora can do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.