Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How to make the size of an lectora title smaller?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marcel Milo
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

i have to clean my account. i have deleted all the “unused resources”. In the title are placed 6 small videos (6 x 7 Mb) ans some small pictures. The Scorm size is 33 Mb, but the title size is nearly 320 MB and it shows me that there are 209 Ressources, what could not be, thats really strange. Anyone an idea?

greetings Marcel

#429438 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

Doesn’t the title keep any of the video/images that you may have added, but did not keep for the final version of the module?  For example, if you added a video, then updated and replaced with version 2 of the video, the original video would still exist in your .awt folder resources, but not in your SCORM file, even if you removed unused via the Resource Manager.  (check your images/media folders from your file explorer and see if unused resources are in there).

#429440 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi Adam, thx for you help,  i use Lectora Online, can you say me where i can find the images/media folders?

greetings Marcel

#429442 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

sorry – that I’m not familiar with (I haven’t used Lectora Online).

Are you counting all your buttons and such in your total #?  (image up, image over, image pressed)?  Also, is your scorm file a zip file?  (that would decrease the size when compressed)

#429486 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

If Lectora Online is like Publisher, you’d go to Tools >> Resources, switch to the Unused tab, and Remove all.

#429488 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

Wouldn’t that just remove it from the published content though in Publisher?  (at least when I use that option, the images still stay in my ‘images’ folder, but shouldn’t be included in the published content.  I used to be able to delete the image resources I didn’t need, (I think when I published it would ask me if I wanted to delete from hard drive)… been wondering where that feature is in today’s version…

#429493 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    309 pts
    @timk

As a first step, you could try to export the project to Lectora Desktop and maybe find out what’s responsible for the size, one of the folders or the AWT.

#429678 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    53 pts
    @wheels

Marcel, this is our standard support response for Lectora Online Disk Usage issues:

You can see the disk quota by clicking on “Organization Settings” under “Administration” and then looking at the “Disk Quota” field. Next to this field is the “Disk Usage” button which you can use to calculate and view how much disk space your organization is currently using. Below the “Disk Quota” field is the “Disk Usage Threshold” field which dictates when you start seeing messages about disk usage when you log in. If you are over your disk quota then there are a few things you can do.

1. Have each user delete any large private titles that are not needed. Also delete any large shared titles that are not needed. Titles that you want to keep but don’t need online can be exported and saved offline and then deleted.
    2. Possibly set your ‘Shared Title Maximum History Size’ to some value other than ‘Unlimited’ which may help somewhat. This becomes more effective if the title has many versions and the title is large with many resources.
    3. Remove as many unused resources as possible from all titles. Make sure to go into the Resource Manager (Tools Ribbon) and remove unused resources otherwise these will still be counted by disk usage calculations.
    4. Delete any large media in the Media Organizer Library that is not needed.
    5. Delete any large Library Objects and Templates that are not needed.
    6. Contact your salesperson about increasing your disk quota. Current pricing is $30 for 2GB additional shared storage per year. This charge will be prorated based on the organization renewal date.

Once you have deleted all unneeded items, click the “Disk Usage” button mentioned above to recalculate your disk usage.

For more precise information, as an administrator, you should be able to click the “Disk Usage” link on the Lectora Online Getting Started page after logging in. This should give you a detailed report.

NOTE: Changes affecting the total amount of storage being used are not always reflected immediately. A system job runs every half hour to re-calculate the storage used. You should see any maximum history size changes immediately in the title history report.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch. Reason: formatting
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    #429687 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    53 pts
    @wheels

If a particular title is giving you trouble you can export to a PKG file then import it with a different name. That ensures disk usage calculations are not including resources that were used in previous revisions of a title. Resources are kept if they were used in any previous kept revision of the title. Reducing the number of revisions should help with this, but exporting and importing will give you a clean reading.

Click the “Disk Usage” link on the Lectora Online Getting Started page after logging in. This should give you a detailed report for your titles.

#430193 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

many thanks for the answer. The problem is with the history. Some titles have multiple versions. The big problem is, however, that when saving the latest version (restore version to title), not the really latest version was saved but an older one. Now we are unsure and do not know how we can finally reduce our titles to one version.
    Especially because it does not make sense to us because we only have one account and not two anymore.
    Unfortunately the support is very slow and we can not work because of the data capacity

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of Marcel Milo Marcel Milo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.