Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How to pass Raptivity Score or Status to Lectora 16?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeannine Isom
    Jeannine Isom
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jkisom

I have searched endlessly on this and cannot come up with the answer I need. This is what I have found:

I can publish in HTML5 with Javascript tracking in Raptivity and it provides the following variables which are intended “to be used in authoring tools which support JavaScript tracking” :

1. raptivity_completionStatus
    2. raptivity_score
    3. raptivity_result
    4. raptivity_maxscore

I am interested in the first two–passing either Status or Score to Lectora so I can control what happens next for the user. I do NOT know how to write javascript. My questions:

1. Is the Javascript tracking the right way to go here? The only other options for tracking when you publish in Raptivity are SCORM and AICC-neither seemed appropriate, but maybe I’m missing something.
    2. If so–how should it be implemented? I have taken some introductory Javascript classes, so its not totally foreign to me, but I need expert advice here.

I just don’t always have the time to build things from scratch in Lectora and since I have Raptivity, I want to maximize its use–if I can just solve this one issue. I use ELearning Brothers tools too–but I want as many options as possible with the tools I have (Raptivity, Lectora).

Thanks!

#303024 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    209 pts
    @Klaatu

You can pass JavaScript variables to and from Lectora. If you can you post an example of a Raptivity interaction I will see how to get it working in Lectora. Also, please provide an example of what you want the user to be able to do next.

#303712 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    129 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Generally speaking this is the way to go to get a variable from Lectora.

var incomingScore = Varraptivity_score.getValue();

//And test if you received it:
    alert(“see if i get my score: “+incomingScore );

#303719 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    354 pts
    @timk

Or the other way round, if you want to get one of those variables into a Lectora variable, create a variable in Lectora (e.g. rapScore) and “Run javascript”:

VarrapScore.set(raptivity_score);

Tim

#303768 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jeannine Isom
    Jeannine Isom
    beginner
    intermediate
    @jkisom

Thank you all for your response! Tim K–your instructions were exactly what I needed. Worked perfectly. Thank you!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.