Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers How to pass values to database from lectora?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rvj
    rvj
    @rvj

Hello all ! I am new into lectora and development. I have created a title and now, i want to integrate it with my database that is sql server 2008. For example, when clicking to submit button, the data should go to my database and related table. I just want to know how to do it. Please instruct me.
    Thank you. 🙂

#287910 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

@rvj 56969 wrote:

Hello all ! I am new into lectora and development. I have created a title and now, i want to integrate it with my database that is sql server 2008. For example, when clicking to submit button, the data should go to my database and related table. I just want to know how to do it. Please instruct me.
    Thank you. 🙂

1. Set Lectora to submit data to a CGI script (click F1, read Help, it’s very detailed there)
    2. Create a CGI script on your server that catches the data and stores it into the database.

#287912 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rvj
    rvj
    @rvj

Hello. Thanks for ur answer. But I already knew it. What I need it, some sample codes for it. There are some in lectora’s help menu but they are old and outdated. I need it in C#.NET language. Can anyone help?

#287911 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

@rvj 57005 wrote:

Hello. Thanks for ur answer. But I already knew it. What I need it, some sample codes for it. There are some in lectora’s help menu but they are old and outdated. I need it in C#.NET language. Can anyone help?

Google “C# guestbook”, you’ll get plenty examples of scripts that get submitted data and store it into a database. If you know anything about programming for web (not even C# specifically), it’ll be enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.