Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of crandallm
    crandallm
    beginner
    intermediate
    1 pt
    @crandallm

We have been using Lectora Online for about a year now, and for the most part are very happy. However, editing text can often be very tedious and buggy. For example, we often have to add a hyperlink at least twice before it sticks. Now the latest version of Lectora Online seems even buggier in regards to text editing. At the moment, for example, I have some text that is in italics and the only way I can get rid of the italics is to paste the text into TextEdit on my mac, then re-copy it over clean. When I preview the page I can open up the web developer tools and see the italics setting is turned on, even though in Lectora it shows the italics are off.

Basically, I would like to suggest that there be a way to edit text or the page itself in HTML mode like you can in WordPress or in other web tools.

#301996 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Frankly, I don’t see much difference between editing text in WordPress and in Lectora. To me, the experience is the same. Maybe I was lucky and I didn’t face the challenges you had. This sounds like a case for Trivantis support, maybe it is network or browser issue.

#302054 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

We understand the text editing experience in an HTML editor sometimes can be funstrating. We are focused on making the experience better.  We are limited in syntax at this point (we can’t just open up free form editing of HTML) because we want to maintain compatibility with Lectora Desktop.  We are looking at ways to make that compatibility more seamless and less restrictive.  I do hope we can open it up for free form HTML source editing in the near future, I think that would be something authors would love.

If you do have a problem with removing some formatting, and you are using Chrome, you can do a cut (Ctrl+C) and then paste it back with Ctrl+Shift+V. That’s a quick way to clear all the formatting and usually can get you past any formatting issues quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.