Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers HTML Extension Image Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
    Zachary Liquorman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @zliquorman1276

Hello,

I am having an issue with using HTML extensions. I am using HTML extensions to overlay an image map over an image so that I can define custom hotspot areas using Javascript on an image design (involving overlapping triangles). Lectora’s default hotspots are a rectangular area around the bounds of the object regardless of its actual shape, so this was my workaround.

Everything works fine in preview, except when viewing in a browser (or viewing in ReviewLink). My best guess is that the HTML extension code I’m using calls up an image from a local directory, which can no longer be found when the extension is run non-locally (i.e. in a browser or on ReviewLink). I’m not sure if there’s a simple fix, or if there’s a change to the code needed. The HTML code I use is copied below for reference (added single space after ‘<‘ here to avoid auto-formatting):

< div id="upright-tri-img-map">
    < img src="X:\Tutorial Files\Tutorial\Tutorial 2017\Module 7\images\blood-tri.png" alt="" usemap="#Map" />
    < map name="Map" id="Map">
    < area alt="" id="upright-tri" title="" href="#" shape="poly" coords="100,0,1,186,204,186" />
    < /map>
    < /div>

Would anyone have any suggestions?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman Zachary Liquorman. Reason: Fixed auto-formatting of HTML code
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman Zachary Liquorman.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman Zachary Liquorman. Reason: Fixed auto-formatting of HTML code
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman Zachary Liquorman.
    #382048 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Zachary Liquorman
    Zachary Liquorman
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @zliquorman1276

I solved the issue myself. For anyone who comes across this issue in the future, use a “local” directory call for the image in the HTML code. Here’s what I did:

< img src=”images\blood-tri.png”

And that’s it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.