Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vincenzo Gasbarro
    Vincenzo Gasbarro
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    @vgasbarro.6813

Hello Everyone!

So I am trying to get rid of the Grey screen that says “Tap\click here to continue” in Lectora 19.0.1. I used this script as the HTML extension but it still appears in Google Chrome (On a Desktop) and in Safari (On an Iphone). Can someone post a screenshot of how to do this the right way? I would greatly appreciate it!

https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/how-to-skip-the-tap-click-here-splash-screen/ – Here is the place where I got the script from but it still doesn’t work for my project. I have also downloaded the .AWO but I must be putting it in the wrong spot because after 6 attempts, the grey screen still shows.

Attachments:
    #447269 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    40 pts
    @CarlFink

You can’t. Modern browsers (specifically phone browsers) require it.

#447271 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Vincenzo Gasbarro
    Vincenzo Gasbarro
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    @vgasbarro.6813

I see, is there a way to make the text/background look more professional? Any chance at all you can customize the look? If I’m correct, this wasn’t there before so why the change now?

#447289 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    friend finder
    40 pts
    @CarlFink

Browser makers don’t want autoplay content.

I’m sure someone from eLearning Brothers will come along and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this is why they invented “Seamless Play,” in which everything happens on a single web page instead of having to load new pages from the server. That way, you only have to click the Play button once.

#447564 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    62 pts
    @wheels

@vgasbarro.68 @carlfink

Carl is right, and so sorry that we did not give you a way to customize this screen!

You can adjust the wording in the Publish Strings (File Tab -> Lectora Preferences)

Because we did not give you a way to modify this and because it’s so early in the process there really is no good way to style the screen. But, as with everything in Lectora there is a, errrr, way. If you insert the following into the Publish Strings (before the text to display) then it does actually format the screen (shh, don’t tell anyone I told you this, it’s cheesy!) :

<style>
    #initClickDiv { background-color: royalblue!important; }
    #initClickDiv button { font-family: impact!important; color: gold!important; background-color: transparent!important; text-shadow: 5px 5px red}
    </style>
    This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.